"WORST SELLER EVER"

psychling

Please explain Patch? What things could happen or be compromised by calling the work? I'm guessing that the seller want revenge and take justice in own hands?

Well yes that.

What he does in his spare time isn't of his employers concerns. I would call him at his office though, but to speak to him, not to speak to his boss.

If somebody on the Hub called my office moaning about me and it affected my job, be sure that I will come after you for slander and loss of income.

Conversely, if somebody called me because one of my team did a dodgey graphics card sale or whatever, I would politely tell said caller to call the cops and then to GFTs for wasting my time.

Its much better to go lay a charge and let the cops do that part. 

Personally, I feel that "bullying" by social justice and the threat of somebody's job is a bit offsides and not how things should be handled. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yes that.

What he does in his spare time isn't of his employers concerns. I would call him at his office though, but to speak to him, not to speak to his boss.

If somebody on the Hub called my office moaning about me and it affected my job, be sure that I will come after you for slander and loss of income.

Conversely, if somebody called me because one of my team did a dodgey graphics card sale or whatever, I would politely tell said caller to call the cops and then to GFTs for wasting my time.

Personally, I feel that "bullying" by social justice and the threat of somebody's job is a bit offsides and not how things should be handled.

If he did this once, then id agree, bit too drastic. But hes making a habit of this, and it hasnt caught up with him yet. Also, as has been mentioned, opening up a case often does nothing and is not worth the time and money for something over small money. I wouldn't mind putting his job at risk, he needs to get set straight.

If he did this once, then id agree, bit too drastic. But hes making a habit of this, and it hasnt caught up with him yet. Also, as has been mentioned, opening up a case often does nothing and is not worth the time and money for something over small money. I wouldn't mind putting his job at risk, he needs to get set straight.

Yes often opening a case sometimes doesn't help, but thats the way we should do things.

Taking matters into your own hands will likely make matters worse and complicate it, but if you are willing to ruin somebodies livelihood over a matter of "small money" as you  put it, then thats on you.

Do what you want, I was posting my personal view and how I would handle it.

Edited by Patchelicious

Hopefully the OP gives us some more feedback at some point.

Maybe it is all being resolved after he started this thread...

Well yes that.

What he does in his spare time isn't of his employers concerns. I would call him at his office though, but to speak to him, not to speak to his boss.

THIS. 

Don't do anything that would hurt the career / earning potential. That would be grounds for legal action, regardless of the justification you use to enter into that sort of action.

THIS. 

Don't do anything that would hurt the career / earning potential. That would be grounds for legal action, regardless of the justification you use to enter into that sort of action.

A little bit of devils advocate here but - as an employer would you not want to know if one of your staff has a dishonest streak in him or her? 

A little bit of devils advocate here but - as an employer would you not want to know if one of your staff has a dishonest streak in him or her?

Yes but they'll get wind of that via background checks or when an investigation starts. Via police or Pvt detective or any other legal avenue. Keep yourself as clean as possible. Phoning / alerting his employer is dirty and can land you in heavy trouble

Opening up a whole can of worms by doing this. Got **** all to do with the employer what you are alleging. Bear in mind, although you are probably right, you are not a court of law. Also, what does the employer then say to him about something that is alleged to have happened in a second hand purchase completely unlinked in America way whatsoever to his work. Imagine if your boss came to you and said that someone had called and told him that you didn’t send something that you had sold to them in a private online sale etc etc. I would go ******* mental and tell my boss where he could shove it, for a start. That is before I came after you for slandering my good name without the benefit of a court verdict

Yes but they'll get wind of that via background checks or when an investigation starts. Via police or Pvt detective or any other legal avenue. Keep yourself as clean as possible. Phoning / alerting his employer is dirty and can land you in heavy trouble

Yeah I agree on the employer thing, its just not cricket. But, if the cops are not interested in rape, murder and robbery etc, do you think they will give a [emoji90] about a bike frame? I have recently tried to lay serious charges for a client relating to systematic fraud and theft perpetrated over many years.I have been met only with utter laziness and mind blowing incompetence. So frustrating- sorry to vent here though [emoji36]

Why can't the OP come post the love story here instead of creating an advert in the classifieds? Very weird. It sommer sounds like they now going to be braaing together. This certainly didn't end how I thought it would.

Never been in a love/hate relationship before?  :wacko:  :ph34r: