Mathieu van der Poel!

MonsterMan

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This kid must be something special seeing he's got his own fret on Le Hub. 

Nino, Julien and Jaro can't even compete with that.

The internet is going to break if this kid becomes 2019 XCO world champ.

Admin, I think you need to upgrade your infrastructure before 28 Aug 2019.

This fret will bring the system down.

He apparently wants to win 3 rainbow jersey's in one year. (CX, XCO and RR). CX and XCO are very doable but I think RR will be the hardest. He already has CX and is Dutch XCO and RR champ but clearly this is not enough.

He apparently wants to win 3 rainbow jersey's in one year. (CX, XCO and RR). CX and XCO are very doable but I think RR will be the hardest. He already has CX and is Dutch XCO and RR champ but clearly this is not enough.

Form is transient

Class is permanent

Best to make use of the form whiles its there. He'll be the forst male to hold all three titles won't he? 

Pauline Ferrand Prevot already achieved this in the ladies field in was it 2015 or 2016?

From what I heard/read his main goal is Olympic 2020 glory. The road race is not for him and CX not on the list, so XCO is what he is targetting. Although there are lobbies to have CX included in the Winter Olympics its still way off.

He is already on the Dutch Olympic team, I am sure he will stick around for the UCI season. Then another full winter of dominating CX? Does this man know any limits?

From what I heard/read his main goal is Olympic 2020 glory. The road race is not for him and CX not on the list, so XCO is what he is targetting. Although there are lobbies to have CX included in the Winter Olympics its still way off.

He is already on the Dutch Olympic team, I am sure he will stick around for the UCI season. Then another full winter of dominating CX? Does this man know any limits?

I heard he actually wants to come win the funride world champs with a breakaway up Hospital Bend. 

I heard he actually wants to come win the funride world champs with a breakaway up Hospital Bend. 

Scary part is, he probably could. Maybe you should tweet him and plant the seed............

During yesterdays commentary I thought I heard buggalugs say he will be away from the XCO series for a while

Basically what PFR did a few seasons ago?

I'm hoping for him to win the WC and World Champs!

I promise you he doesn't need any encouragement or extra motivation to tweet stuff :P

Ja, we never get that "........tweeted after a while" message for the pure savage account. I don't think his boet does a lot of twitter though. He liked one of my responses to a tweet of theirs like a month later.

Scary part is, he probably could. Maybe you should tweet him and plant the seed............

Seeing as Gaze came 2nd(?) the week after winning Stellies XCO last year, I don't think it would be out of the realm of possibility for MvdP.

During yesterdays commentary I thought I heard buggalugs say he will be away from the XCO series for a while

Yup, next 2 rounds afaik. Probably means Nino will take overall again this year.