[Event] EWC 3 Jonkershoek Enduro

Enduro Western Cape

Also to those that entered. Please pay attention to where Harry says:

Some more tips from a timing marshall's perspective:

• If you wear a long sleeve jersey make sure the watch is over the sleeve. As it can sometimes cause interference.
  • Its not our jobs as marshalls to chase after you if you overshot us by 5m at the end. We give you enough room to slow down at the end (use front brake and hang over rear wheel/endo it in/what ever just stop by us.)
  • KEEP YOU HAND ON THE HANDLEBAR PLEASE!!!!
  • Another thing, stop yapping that some of us take forever to time you out. Sometimes it is instant, other times it takes a second or two but KEEP YOU HAND ON THE HANDLEBAR PLEASE!!!!

Luister na George. George weet.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a massive difference between Harry and Dan.

I wouldn't listen to Harry, at all. Dan yes!

:clap: I'm gonna send this on to Harry :)

To answer your questions. Videos are not official race channels - they are filmed weeks ahead of decisions made by us and course decisions change!

Only Harry (race director) and the course markings are official. Big features will mostly be open if they are not deemed dangerous but there are chicken lines around all of them so rather err on the side of caution and finish your race run rather than ruining your next 6-8 weeks. You WILL be faster if you're not stressing about one scary feature and instead focused on gunning it on 99% of the stage without scary features.

Shuttling is a big no no. Apparently it was done by out of towners and they were given permission at the gate to do so (incorrectly). I don't even want to speculate who it was or what they were thinking. 

Above all have fun and please don't moan to us about small things (watch scanning 2 seconds late, course didn't go where you expected it to go etc) as it makes us very depressed and frustrated.

:clap: I'm gonna send this on to Harry :)

To answer your questions. Videos are not official race channels - they are filmed weeks ahead of decisions made by us and course decisions change!

Only Harry (race director) and the course markings are official. Big features will mostly be open if they are not deemed dangerous but there are chicken lines around all of them so rather err on the side of caution and finish your race run rather than ruining your next 6-8 weeks. You WILL be faster if you're not stressing about one scary feature and instead focused on gunning it on 99% of the stage without scary features.

Shuttling is a big no no. Apparently it was done by out of towners and they were given permission at the gate to do so (incorrectly). I don't even want to speculate who it was or what they were thinking. 

Above all have fun and please don't moan to us about small things (watch scanning 2 seconds late, course didn't go where you expected it to go etc) as it makes us very depressed and frustrated.

Thanks for kind of clearing that up. 

PS. Are you saying I'm scared of the features? :whistling:

Jokes aside, what you say is true, I've heard it on a trustworthy podcast from Neko! You end up going slower in the buildup for "the big thing" instead of just getting on with it.

Edited by Bos

Anyway, I'm so fricken excited for Sunday, I have butterflies just being on this thread!! :clap:  :clap:

And already dreading the climb to top stage 4.. :eek:

I'm getting more FOMO by the hour. But, will still be there to support. 

Still hacking up lurgies every now and then, so it was the right decision to transfer my entry. 

I'm getting more FOMO by the hour. But, will still be there to support. 

Still hacking up lurgies every now and then, so it was the right decision to transfer my entry. 

AIDS bro.... If you're sick for more than 10 days with anti biotics it's definitely AIDS.

Of possibly the lesser known INFE virus.

Awwww, shite, that's what I got but I'm gonna be there cause i paid already....and FOMO....

Awwww, shite, that's what I got but I'm gonna be there cause i paid already....and FOMO....

Do you have INFE? Hectic. 

Do you have INFE? Hectic. 

Ja, it's hectic, got the shakes and the sweats after even just a short walk....spending a lot of time on my back.....I hear there's a lot of it going around, just flattens you completely......but I WILL be there.....