[Event] EWC 3 Jonkershoek Enduro

Enduro Western Cape

I'm busy looking at the forecast, and the wind is gusting to 36 knots tomorrow. Temp is perfect, but I know that those hills really get blasted with the wind. Honestly in 2 minds about it.

I'm still going, but the full pull may be a tad ambitious given the conditions.

Here’s a novel idea, put on your big girl panties, start at 7am and grind it out.

Plumber and Phoenix will he the most exposed, and then use the new climb singletrack for Armageddon and Iron Monkey.

We rode the new climb trail when the wind was blasting and it was well sheltered.

Come on Myles, you'll need to dig deeeeeep to regain a semblance of credibility, and doing 4 climbs in the wind and heat is exactly what you need to gain face.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here’s a novel idea, put on your big girl panties, start at 7am and grind it out.

Plumber and Phoenix will he the most exposed, and then use the new climb singletrack for Armageddon and Iron Monkey.

We rode the new climb trail when the wind was blasting and it was well sheltered.

Come on Myles, you'll need to dig deeeeeep to regain a semblance of credibility, and doing 4 climbs in the wind and heat is exactly what you need to gain face.

DCc9kClWAAExS6k.jpg

Myles, the Grease Monkey and I will be there at 07:30 waiting for your pedo van.  There will be little to no wind tomorrow at Jonkers. I'm not sure where you get your weather forecast from but you need to change sources.

We have the whole day to finish only 4 stages.  After that, I will buy you a coffee and banana bread at RideIn and the Grease Monkey will pay for it.

See you there!

Come now Tony , last time I saw you we were windsurfing at nahoon reef ....

Damn, time...well I'll be in your neck of the woods in Dec for few days...let's try hook up then...

Enjoy Jonkers and don't let that Bosch laatjie chjun you....he's slow and whiney....! :ph34r:

Damn, time...well I'll be in your neck of the woods in Dec for few days...let's try hook up then...

Enjoy Jonkers and don't let that Bosch laatjie chjun you....he's slow and whiney....! :ph34r:

Just kidding...he's an ok bloke....after all, he does know the GOAT and Needles.....and has intimate knowledge of the trails in that F-place! 

Tsek, jy. Never said I'm not going. ????

And yes, I'm all too aware of the htfu I'll need. But I've already started loading up on PPC

Myles, the Grease Monkey and I will be there at 07:30 waiting for your pedo van. There will be little to no wind tomorrow at Jonkers. I'm not sure where you get your weather forecast from but you need to change sources.

We have the whole day to finish only 4 stages. After that, I will buy you a coffee and banana bread at RideIn and the Grease Monkey will pay for it.

See you there!

Excellent

And you? Coming?

Silence.

On site with a new client tomorrow, so a no go for me.

On site with a new client tomorrow, so a no go for me.

Pft. That Jeffsy is going to get gatvol of only riding on the cycle lanes and is going to chuck you under a my city.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Tsek, jy. Never said I'm not going.

And yes, I'm all too aware of the htfu I'll need. But I've already started loading up on PPC

Just stay n control of your HR,water and feeding and you'll get around fine. We got all day. A nice little achievement to cap off a tough year.