[Event] EWC 3 Jonkershoek Enduro

Enduro Western Cape

So after following the post-event press on here during the year and watching the awesome pics and videos, i think i need to join in the fun next year if possible.  

it also helps seeing footage from the laymen. Not everyone is a greg minaar lol. So thanks for that.  

i have 1 bike at the moment....a steel hardtail -  i think i need to invest in some squish up front for it so i can swop it out depending on the riding i do. i love the bike though. it is rigid at the moment as thats the kind of riding i do with the wife. its  fine....but i'm SOOO bored on most rides. i need something else to get me going. i cant buy a whole new bike - because reasons.

What are the hardtail entries like at these? i'm highly competitive...so i don't ever want to be last....sometimes at my own peril...

If you're Fit, and have good trail riding skills like you probably do, you'll be absolutely fine.

Do It! I'm hooked on riding like I haven't been in years after this event and already thinking about next year!

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So after following the post-event press on here during the year and watching the awesome pics and videos, i think i need to join in the fun next year if possible.  

it also helps seeing footage from the laymen. Not everyone is a greg minaar lol. So thanks for that.  

i have 1 bike at the moment....a steel hardtail -  i think i need to invest in some squish up front for it so i can swop it out depending on the riding i do. i love the bike though. it is rigid at the moment as thats the kind of riding i do with the wife. its  fine....but i'm SOOO bored on most rides. i need something else to get me going. i cant buy a whole new bike - because reasons.

What are the hardtail entries like at these? i'm highly competitive...so i don't ever want to be last....sometimes at my own peril...

You'll be competing against the likes of Adi, Mercer, Danie du Toit and a few more monsters that take the HT pounding, but it'll be fun. And that's the main point, right?

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

You'll be competing against the likes of Adi, Mercer, Danie du Toit and a few more monsters that take the HT pounding, but it'll be fun. And that's the main point, right?

i come from racing background (albeit in other disciplines/sports) and i'm a firm believer that you can only go faster - by racing against people better than you lol. So i'm not scared to dive into the deep end and learn. i'm not a n total noob and i'm not scared to do silly **** on a bike. the vibe at these just look awesome though. seems like i'm missing out big time and I need some more bromance in my life :lol:

Edited by morneS555

i come from racing background (albeit in other disciplines/sports) and i'm a firm believer that you can only go faster - by racing against people better than you lol. So i'm not scared to dive into the deep end and learn. i'm not a n total noob and i'm not scared to do silly **** on a bike. the vibe at these just look awesome though. seems like i'm missing out big time and I need some more bromance in my life :lol:

Big Bromances, even bigger vibe!

PS....I have a dropper at least :P

maybe i should go rigid .. that will show mercer and Nils and them haha.

isn't it a pissing contest about who can endur(o) the most pain in the end afterall if you ride a HT :whistling: ?

Edited by morneS555

PS....I have a dropper at least :P

maybe i should go rigid .. that will show mercer and Nils and them haha.

isn't it a pissing contest about who can endur(o) the most pain in the end afterall if you ride a HT :whistling: ?

Nope. We just give you high fives and wonder if you have  afew screws loose. 

• 3 weeks later...

Nice. It will be a good day out. You must get that oke who only ever rides on the bike lane to join. 

I wish I could ride that place more often.

That "guy" has been waiting for nearly 3 weeks not for his E13 dropper post warranty to be sorted out ... that "guy" is not really very happy at the moment!

That "guy" has been waiting for nearly 3 weeks not for his E13 dropper post warranty to be sorted out ... that "guy" is not really very happy at the moment!

That sounds like the beginning of an excuse.

Yeah, planning for the 15th / 16th. 

Friday or Sadurday?! 

Yoh... I would love to shred trails all day on a Friday!