[Event] EWC 3 Jonkershoek Enduro

Enduro Western Cape

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's Jewbacca.

Can't be ... word on the street is that since he had a baby he has put on at least 20kg's 

Can't be ... word on the street is that since he had a baby he has put on at least 20kg's 

Maybe you are right. The oke in that vid doesn't look like hes had a baby. He looks like he's about to give birth.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

On the topic.. Would have been nice to meet some of the hubbers!

Although way to serious of an event to expect people to wear hub kit, unless there were serious performance benefits to it :P

If you guys got some photos from the event photog? Post some to see what you all look like? 

Although way to serious of an event to expect people to wear hub kit, unless there were serious performance benefits to it :P

If you guys got some photos from the event photog? Post some to see what you all look like? 

I definitely would have seen all of you.... I did the timing at the bottom of stage 1, top of stage 1 and later top of stage 2. By the time we closed the Plumber it was unrecognizable and more blown out than Hiroshima.

The girls were doing such a fine job at 3 and 4 I left them be, hit stage 3 then went back up and closed stage 4 before my 14 minute last stage nightmare!

I think Nick was in Hub kit... didn't see anyone else in the Royal Blue.

I definitely would have seen all of you.... I did the timing at the bottom of stage 1, top of stage 1 and later top of stage 2. By the time we closed the Plumber it was unrecognizable and more blown out than Hiroshima.

The girls were doing such a fine job at 3 and 4 I left them be, hit stage 3 then went back up and closed stage 4 before my 14 minute last stage nightmare!

I think Nick was in Hub kit... didn't see anyone else in the Royal Blue.

Next time... 

The timers at the end of the stage definitely gets the raw end of the deal, with riders being to gassed to talk or even thank you guys mostly. 

I was wondering about the state of the trails after the event. I guess its bitter sweet. Great having the event in such an awesome location, but the trails is pretty buggered for summer from here on in. Temperatures rising this week and probably not a lot of rain left means its not going to improve. However this probably would have happened eventually anyway.

You probably definitely heard and saw me....  :w00t:

Those lines were getting blown out properly. Race-day red mist. 

So after following the post-event press on here during the year and watching the awesome pics and videos, i think i need to join in the fun next year if possible.  

it also helps seeing footage from the laymen. Not everyone is a greg minaar lol. So thanks for that.  

i have 1 bike at the moment....a steel hardtail -  i think i need to invest in some squish up front for it so i can swop it out depending on the riding i do. i love the bike though. it is rigid at the moment as thats the kind of riding i do with the wife. its  fine....but i'm SOOO bored on most rides. i need something else to get me going. i cant buy a whole new bike - because reasons.

What are the hardtail entries like at these? i'm highly competitive...so i don't ever want to be last....sometimes at my own peril...

So after following the post-event press on here during the year and watching the awesome pics and videos, i think i need to join in the fun next year if possible.  

it also helps seeing footage from the laymen. Not everyone is a greg minaar lol. So thanks for that.  

i have 1 bike at the moment....a steel hardtail -  i think i need to invest in some squish up front for it so i can swop it out depending on the riding i do. i love the bike though. it is rigid at the moment as thats the kind of riding i do with the wife. its  fine....but i'm SOOO bored on most rides. i need something else to get me going. i cant buy a whole new bike - because reasons.

What are the hardtail entries like at these? i'm highly competitive...so i don't ever want to be last....sometimes at my own peril...

Some guys on Hardtails got top 20's. 

Oli Munnik rode it on the budget 29er he rode Epic on, sans dropper and placed really well.

Jonkers is about the only venue that the hardtails 'struggle' on under 'normal' mortals. And only really Plumber.

If you got a 130mm fork you would be well set and good to go.

The 2 okes I saw on hard tails are *** FAST! Adi van der Merwe has spent time racing in Euro and Oli Munnik has raced worlds for SA in DH.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Listen, Oli Munnik entered on a Signal with a fox 32 100mm on, Nils on a Mercer with a 32mm Revelation, Ad with a Mercer etc - and there were plenty more.