Trek Supercaliber with IsoStrut suspension

dewaldsss

Sorry, but that shock thing looks too much like a hond se dinges.

Thanks for making me unable to ever un-see that. Thank the lawd that stanchion isn't pink anodized.

Different strokes for different okes I suppose ? Personally I really like it .

Was that a clever suspension pun? Noice!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Treks Weight is with all hardware including the rear shock.

The Intense frame weight is the bare weight without the shock (as all other frames are weighes)

Fair enough, that is pretty light then.

Looks like , in my REALLY amateurish opinion , like a soft tail wannabe a hard tail thingy OR vice versa....BUT then again Im no engineer

1271017d1565555250-supercaliber-weekend-

Looks like , in my REALLY amateurish opinion , like a soft tail wannabe a hard tail thingy OR vice versa....BUT then again Im no engineer

You be correct in that it is a hybrid system. Its a single pivot with a directly driven rear shock i.e. no swing link to alter the leverage through the travel. the leverage ratio is purely delivered by the flex in the seat stays

Looks like it will be fun to service..

The intended end user has a team mechanic.

Only in South Africa hobby cyclists are buying high-end machines like this and then worry about the shock service... We are just weirdly wired here...;)

It shouldn't be harder to service than Yeti's Switch Infinity but ya I can see there's a few extra steps involved here

Just hope it doesn't creak like the yeti...

Edited by DieselnDust

I dig it. Probably WAYYYYYY out of my price range but if I had the zar it would be N+1 for sure. If I pay extra can I go for a ride with Jolanda?

Is that "shock" part of the frame or CAn it be separated to be serviced?

it can be removed. It bolts to the bottom of the top tube. and a cradle at the seat tube end of the Seat stay.

It has rebound and compression settings with a Lock out. All the functioning of a normal rear shock.

the purpose of the bike is to eliminate the compromise that Trek Riders have to make in terms of selecting hardtail or FS for the XCC and XCO races. Remember they pick their poison for the weekend ahead of the XCC race.

Rumor has it the new 2021 Scalpel is going to be interesting in that it will also opt for shorter rear wheel travel

it can be removed. It bolts to the bottom of the top tube. and a cradle at the seat tube end of the Seat stay.

It has rebound and compression settings with a Lock out. All the functioning of a normal rear shock.

Rumor has it the new 2021 Scalpel is going to be interesting in that it will also opt for shorter rear wheel travel

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/treks-new-xc-race-bike-breaks-cover-at-monte-sainte-anne-xc-world-champs-2019.html

I hope that Cannondale doesn't resurrect this one! 

p4pb2506530.jpg

Edited by splat