[Event] 2019 PPA One Tonner

Pedal Power Association

emailed them to ask if bains will have full road closure, otherwise gonna be rather interesting ... not in mood to get hit again in a race by a car.

Bain’s Kloof is closed to traffic for 3 hours.

Regards
Edited by Karman de Lange

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bain’s Kloof is closed to traffic for 3 hours.

Regards

That should suffice.

I dont think a race up Bains is possibly with traffic. Thats like an organized disaster

Still bummed to be missing out.

That should suffice.

I dont think a race up Bains is possibly with traffic. Thats like an organized disaster

Still bummed to be missing out.

why? We will miss you  :whistling:

I see on the event page that it is a CTCT seeding event. Anyone know if it is for the 160km only? Asking for a friend riding the 110km.

Received official reply:

Yes the 110km will count for seeding.

Received official reply:

Yes the 110km will count for seeding.

what does "seeding event" actually mean. 

don't all races listed on racetec count for seeding - is there anything special added in here?

what does "seeding event" actually mean. 

don't all races listed on racetec count for seeding - is there anything special added in here?

In the current system (it changes all the time) "non-official" events do count but with a penalty, so if you just want a seeding no problem, but if you want to be seeded at the sharp end of the field not so great.

Was seeded in C when Cycle Tour came around.. Haven't done any PPA races since Cycle Tour this year due to breaking my collarbone during the WP winter league, this was before the PPA races started, I did the West Coast Express as my 1st bunch ride back since my crash(seeded D due to penalties) so I only did the short route, Came 5th and started literally last(late) (not that position matters,) but my seeding has been shafted back down to E for Eish... PPA really do shaft you if you don't do their races..

Anyway, does the 110km One Donner also go over Bains and Bothmas, or either or neither?? Can't find route description.

Was riding around Bainsklooof a week ago...the surfaces are bumpy and go off camber easily enough....a word of advice be careful of your racing line...not too sure from the maps  which direction Bains will be tackled from but if from the Worcester side it becomes a hard grind but descending on to this side has technical depending...mange your speed....ps great views as well..be careful here...

On an up note...if you hit the top towards the village from Wellington its a pure joy...cycling bliss..the descent down is manageable(if you are going this direction)...fast but again bumpy in places...don't be a hero as they say..

anyone riding on sunday...ride safely and have fun...

might see on the road...might be spectating..

Was seeded in C when Cycle Tour came around.. Haven't done any PPA races since Cycle Tour this year due to breaking my collarbone during the WP winter league, this was before the PPA races started, I did the West Coast Express as my 1st bunch ride back since my crash(seeded D due to penalties) so I only did the short route, Came 5th and started literally last(late) (not that position matters,) but my seeding has been shafted back down to E for Eish... PPA really do shaft you if you don't do their races..

Anyway, does the 110km One Donner also go over Bains and Bothmas, or either or neither?? Can't find route description.

https://pedalpower.org.za/events/pedal-power-association-244/

From looking at those horrible route maps, it looks like only the 160km route goes over Bains and Riebeeck. 110km goes over Riebeeck only.

For the guys asking about Bains.

*Disclaimer the author of the post below on the PPA FB page is not ME so do not come after me on Monday if this is somewhat false LOL

post-35357-0-26734200-1570125793_thumb.jpg

post-35357-0-34180100-1570125821_thumb.jpg

post-35357-0-02730600-1570125879_thumb.jpg

Edited by FootballingCyclist

https://pedalpower.org.za/events/pedal-power-association-244/

From looking at those horrible route maps, it looks like only the 160km route goes over Bains and Riebeeck. 110km goes over Riebeeck only.

Ok cool thanks bud.

Wasn't sure if it was over both or just 1 or neither, the route maps are horrible and the route profile looks alot scarier than any of those roads actually are hence my confusion..

Dunno if I'm blind or just not looking at the right place. What is the correct route for the 110km?

Seems to me it is out on the R45 towards Malmesbury, onto the R302 towards Stellies, left on the R312 (at the Fruitsellers 4 way) towards Wellington , left on to the R44 past Windmeul, back to the start.

This is what I could figure out from the map supplied on the PPA website.

Am I correct with this?

Neither.

This is how I read the route. No major climbs, a lot of rolling hills, a a long slog into the wind if the SE is up.

Should be a fairly fast one. 

YOU laugh at your seeding. I dropped from B to D....

Jip same here, phoned PPA and was told that they will not give better seeding to upgrade in A B or C????????????

Update

Had a nice reply from PPA and fully understand the reasoning behind the decision so I will start in D and just be skelm and sit behind the other faster boys going past and tow to the faster groups. So everyone in D and E please go fast and do not look back - I will be behind you ????????????

Edited by Cacey

Jip same here, phoned PPA and was told that they will not give better seeding to upgrade in A B or C

totally gatvol of the seeding game. I'm not going to enter every race just to get to A.