reward for poor performance

mon-goose

so despite getting only a 33% pass rate bafana bafana will still get rewarded....https://www.sport24.co.za/Soccer/AFCON/bafana-still-to-receive-r320k-bonus-for-knockout-qualification-20190703

Only in SA. In most other 1st world countries the entire team would be replaced

Its the South African way.

Look at all the executives at Eskom, SAA etc - huge salaries and bonuses despite their continued failure.

Its very obvious where this generation gets their sense of entitlement from.

And this makes the stereotypical millennial look quite normal with their background of getting rewards for participating and mediocrity

ja, WTF. and they came damn close to being gifted the easy 1/4 draw against Madagascar (who somehow won groupB)

when the round robin cuts the tournament from 24 to 16 teams, it's hardly an achievement, but let's remember they didn't even qualify for the 2017 tournament so this is actually an improvement.

bigger WTF for me is how is uncle Danny still running this circus?

FIFA2010 was the biggest handout SA soccer could ever be given, they have done nothing to capitalise on the momentum gain from it. zero. zilch. should all be in jail for such a missed opportunity

of the 3 big male sports in our country, they are the only team that cannot seem to qualify for their World Cup. yet they are the best paid and on face value have the least political interference when it comes to team selection. can we honestly say that SAFA generates more income than the Super Rugby competition for instance?

SAFA/Danny Jordaan's dealings are nothing new. its fecking disgusting what happened in and around the 2010 Soccer WC. One has but to read/listen to Graeme Joffe as well as the ZONDO commission to get sick to your stomach, not only with regards to the maladministration and corruption pertaining to SASCOC and SAFA, but also the Kings deal with SARU and the blatant corruption and interference of the Watson family - from BOSASA all the way down to EP Rugby.

[That paragraph has just caused my brain to overheat]  :cursing:

ja, WTF. and they came damn close to being gifted the easy 1/4 draw against Madagascar (who somehow won groupB)

when the round robin cuts the tournament from 24 to 16 teams, it's hardly an achievement, but let's remember they didn't even qualify for the 2017 tournament so this is actually an improvement.

bigger WTF for me is how is uncle Danny still running this circus?

FIFA2010 was the biggest handout SA soccer could ever be given, they have done nothing to capitalise on the momentum gain from it. zero. zilch. should all be in jail for such a missed opportunity

Edited by gemmerbal

check the fancy R86m offices they built for themselves. yet kids don't have pitches or kit

http://llale.com/wp-content/uploads/safa-house-2.jpg

Edited by Shebeen

PRECISELY! and then we wonder why we dont produce enough talent.

check the fancy R86m offices they built for themselves. yet kids don't have pitches or kit

Edited by gemmerbal

check the cars. these okes are clearly amateur looters.

Edited by MTBeer

check the cars. these okes are clearly amateur looters.

Those are just the office admin staff and cleaners. The high rollers are probably out on a business lunch or on the golf course.