Strava / Relive bustup

Sbloomer

I'm wondering if it hasn't got more to do with the European GDPR laws perhaps. Strava has no control over what Relive can do with the data, and if there is a data leak on Relive's side it could become Strava's liability - who knows?

I doubt it. You have to do all the GDPR stuff as part of Strava's API agreement, have a similar privacy policy to theirs etc.. I am busy getting all that done for Intervals.icu.

I suspect that they just come down hard on anyone trying to build a "social network for athletes" since thats their core thing. I have to be very careful what I do in that space.

I might be a bit technology challenged but where do i delete my Relive account?

I found the app a complete waste of time. Didn't really give me any useful data.

It's in very light text at the bottom when you go to profile

Anyone actually really use relive?. I used to get an email after every activity and just delete it. It was novel the first couple of times maybe. Fist thing I did after this announcement was delete my account

Have never used it, but had the thought of trying it out in the near or far future.

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

I have no idea. But if I was to guess, probably to do with the location tracking data. Strava been very sensitive since they shared some “hidden” military base in Iraq when one of the soldiers went for a run and uploaded the exercise for the world to see about 18 months back. (The reason why you cant search for routes anymore using the map)

But.... I am joining dots that might be very far apart.

I found it an interesting thing to share with mates, but rides weren't reliably rendered - ie some rides were and others weren't... also, relive didn't honour my privacy zone... strava may have had an issue with that

I found a nice add on today after searching strava API, that detects commutes and automatically marks them as such. 

Another one for a free heat map.

I wish they'd integrate with the Wahoo ELEMNT app. Then when I upload to Strava I can choose whether or not to upload to Relive. Relive can have my data, just remove the middle man

I wish they'd integrate with the Wahoo ELEMNT app. Then when I upload to Strava I can choose whether or not to upload to Relive. Relive can have my data, just remove the middle man

Apparently Wahoo is already on it: