Insane freak accident - Lorenzo Gobbo

Flatdog7

Concrete track

Hector Norris Park (HNP) is a cycling track in the south of Joburg. It's an outdoor track and therefore is not wooden but rather made of concrete.

Thank you Gents. Much appreciated.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Christina Vogel is in a wheelchair because of a track crash.

Aware of that. My initial comment should be read as a 'tongue in cheek' one. Any racing, or riding, can lead to accidents. No such thing as guaranteed safety.

HNP wouldn't splinter if you hit it with

a backactor.

Safe and fun in the South.

A whatsegoed?

And here I thought track cycling is meant to be safe and fun!

From what I've seen and heard, I think track cycling crashes are brutal. I've had my fair share of whipes going 40kmh and sliding over tarmac, but track crashing... I'd rather fall in the road away from cars or on the mountain, before the track. To each their own I suppose and any discipline can be lethal or fatal. :wacko:

And that piece of wood seems to look similar in colour to what looks like timber skirting in the background? Perhaps a section of skirting was struck by the bike, flipping up from leverage and then savagely poked Lorenzo? gnarly...

Edited by Dirkitech

Nevermind lung. I'm sure his diaphragm took shots. You can do pretty well with part lung missing. Not so sure about diaphragm tears. Always a weak spot. Even if repaired.

While this is up, where are the Capies going to ride after they tear down the Belville Velodrome next year?

I'd like to know the Afrikaans word for this thing:

attachicon.gifDSC00990small1.jpg

'n Grondvreter or a Opgrawer.....Afrikaans is a descriptive language, things are usually named by their function lol...execpt for words like Bromponie (scooter) and knormoer (starter motor) :whistling: ...someone was high when they thought of those for sure

'n Grondvreter or a Opgrawer.....Afrikaans is a descriptive language, things are usually named by their function lol...execpt for words like Bromponie (scooter) and knormoer (starter motor) :whistling: ...someone was high when they thought of those for sure

Dutch speakers all think you're Nakkie die Nar when they hear you use these 'descriptive' Afrikaans words. 

"What do you call an elevator?"

"Hysbak"

"hur dur har har ha ha!"

Dutch speakers all think you're Nakkie die Nar when they hear you use these 'descriptive' Afrikaans words. 

"What do you call an elevator?"

"Hysbak"

"hur dur har har ha ha!"

thats fine...we speak dutch fine when we are 2 bottles in and slurring.

Kaaskoppe :devil:

EDIT: they have their own clumsy 'descriptive' clown phrases btw...

ask a dutchy what one is called if you breed cats....

Edited by morneS555