La Vuelta 2019

'Dale

lotto/movistar/astana

all got solid teams loaded with climbers/GC, but with multiple leaders.

going to be damn interesting

the real jokers in the pack, team Ineos.

GC capable guys on their squad not going

froome

thomas

bernal

Sosa

sivakov

poels

kwiat

Open invitation for the tier 2 guys to stake a claim. Remind me why they need carapaz again? So that Movistar don't have him

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer...

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EF First still have announced their Vuelta Squad will be lead by Uran, TeeJay and Martinez. So a two pronged approach and a sympathy mention of Teejay for the sponsors. 

Good to see Carthy back in the action as well as the very promising Higuita. 

"I think this year's race is one of the hardest we've had in the last 10 years. Because we have so many climbs every day, it's going to be really tough. There are fewer big mountain climbs, but we have more climbs in general," said Garate.

Wonder whether Nicholas D will be given the freedom to go for the climber's jersey?

This is his 1st Grand Tour

He isn't a climber when it comes to GT climbing KoM hunting 

Really great to see him make the squad. He needs to take it all in and hook a break or 2 on stages.

I does look like a different team for sure now. Riders have ups and downs but Dan has aways been 'there' animating even if not winning all the time so it's been a real shame to see him struggling. Nice to Aru coming back as well, he's had a long road and will be good to see him in the mix once again with his pain face / crying face / winning face! Kudos to the team for sticking with him as it's been a fairly long time from symptoms to understanding to surgery to recovery. 

Now one last thing... the kit and it's a reasonably serious Q. Why don't alot of teams seem to go to a decent graphic designer or studio and get a great kit that enhances the brand? Canyon Sram have done well, Mitchelton always look sharp, Katusha went from an eye sore to pretty stylish and very recognisable. Not saying your is bad but is does look a little like it was sketched out a serviette and given to the intern to work up in word. :)

If you fancy a reboot then drop me a line and we'll throw it into the studio for some love! 

Hahaha, ya the white bibs I really not sure how those came about but they here. 

I reallyhave nothing to do with the design or anything in those lines, like as much as I have to do with Trumps campaign run - about the same level.

However I am off to Vuelta tomorrow and can do some digging on the deal but I presume it is the kit manufacturer that does it, but if you have a mock up, send it bro. 

See that Willie Smit has cracked the nod for Katusha. Lekker for him!

Really stoked for him, he deserves this ride. Keen to keep the bromance alive when I see him.

Super stoked to see Nicholas Dlamini AND Willie Smit both been confirmed to ride.

Not sure what we will see of them, but just being there is like a win before we've even started.

This is his 1st Grand Tour

He isn't a climber when it comes to GT climbing KoM hunting 

Really great to see him make the squad. He needs to take it all in and hook a break or 2 on stages.

Yip, makes sense

Meanwhile:

“The Vuelta is a beautiful race. I have won stages here but never been on the podium. That’s a huge motivation going into it. This year has been a bit of an unusual year. I’ve had very few days of racing, and I felt good at the Tour, so I see a great opportunity here at the Vuelta, especially with the strong team we have racing.”

Uran Uran

Carapaz in doubt after a race crash throwing issues into the Movistar trident / fork / prong or what ever they are running this time. 

This is like a ‘home tour’ for Willem

That Andorra stage looks like the business. He posts a lot of nature pics on his Insta of the area and his adventures there.

Carapaz in doubt after a race crash throwing issues into the Movistar trident / fork / prong or what ever they are running this time. 

It seems he did the Crit during which he was injured without the permission of Movistar. Things are certainly not going well in that team.

Quite a pity for the race that he is out though .. certainly not the strongest field for a Grand tour with so many top riders not taking part.