Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last 2 cycle tours (only done 2 so far) seedings came out on a Wednesday. Hopefully they surprise us by sending it a day earlier ????

I think the tough economic environment is hurting everyone. Reckon it will be one of the biggest tours in years still.

Agreed, Free Cash is down on previous years. Definitely will have an effect on the out of towners. Not sure what percentage of total entries that is though.

First time doing the Cape Town Cycle Tour, less than a month to go now and it's starting to feel very real! Any advice on where best to park or logistics for the start/finish would be great to read. Thanks

I always park near the Finish, either in Main Rd or at the parking areas between Main Rd and Western Boulevard (see Google Image below). From there, it is an easy and a lekker ride down Main / Somerset Rd into the CBD and the start. Depending on your start time, there should be enough parking (in the past, my "usual" time of arrival at the parkingwas between 05:00 and 06:00-ish and there was always space).

If you have not booked accommodation, stay in Sea Point and ride down to the Start.     

post-36036-0-14018900-1581406680_thumb.jpg

I think the tough economic environment is hurting everyone. Reckon it will be one of the biggest tours in years still.

for last 10 years I always had to say no to work, the last 4 months I have just enough to cover the costs and have to wait long time for payment.

2 friends have to downscale massively (10-20 year old companies) just to not run in the red.

Its gonna be a interesting 2020....

Agreed, Free Cash is down on previous years. Definitely will have an effect on the out of towners. Not sure what percentage of total entries that is though.

I have to build the weekend into my budget. Years ago before kids I would go down for a whole week with my wife and no budgeting was required at all, there was plenty spare zar. Now it's just me and I stay with my folks for 1 night and I need to save up for my 50% Mango flight. 

I always park near the Finish, either in Main Rd or at the parking areas between Main Rd and Western Boulevard (see Google Image below). From there, it is an easy and a lekker ride down Main / Somerset Rd into the CBD and the start. Depending on your start time, there should be enough parking (in the past, my "usual" time of arrival at the parkingwas between 05:00 and 06:00-ish and there was always space).

If you have not booked accommodation, stay in Sea Point and ride down to the Start.     

attachicon.gifCTCT parking.jpg

I just ride to the start from Muizenberg then ride home afterwards......

for last 10 years I always had to say no to work, the last 4 months I have just enough to cover the costs and have to wait long time for payment.

2 friends have to downscale massively (10-20 year old companies) just to not run in the red.

Its gonna be a interesting 2020....

Very true, a hot topic is going concern at the moment. 

I just ride to the start from Muizenberg then ride home afterwards......

Lekke man. I prefer not to ride under the influence though and the beers at end does not take no for an answer :whistling: .

I have to build the weekend into my budget. Years ago before kids I would go down for a whole week with my wife and no budgeting was required at all, there was plenty spare zar. Now it's just me and I stay with my folks for 1 night and I need to save up for my 50% Mango flight. 

100%

Years ago we used to drive down, 4 of us in teh car, stay for a week, then at the end of the week decide we want to stay longer. The only concern being how much leave we had available.

Now it has become a budgeting exercise to work out the cheapest options.

But it has become an institution, for as long as I can I will make a plan to get there and do the race, I'm sad that I had to miss a few in the last 22 years.

and entries are still open...

was really tempted to enter seeing it's still open, but ouch economy not allowing it at this stage

maybe next year again