Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody likes a braggard.... lol

It is literally the quickest way. Tried the train but it takes hours. Same if my Mom meets us at the finish, it takes a while to get back and then we stuck till the road opens up at the end of the blue route. We take back roads till the end of the blue route and then hop onto the route from there till Fish Hoek. It's just over 30km and we take it easy. Takes us like 1h 30m. 

Drive back to Somerset West to go and have a lekke braai and some beer with family.  Next day drive to Darling to have some more braai and beer with more Family.  Next day drive to Langebaan to have more braai and beer with more family  :drool:

Too much driving, need more riding between your riding.

After the finish I used to walk to my mate who lives a couple of hundred metres from the line, where there would always be something bubbly and cold, and a good piece of recovery protein in the Weber. That's where I stayed untill all the Ds were in and we headed home together.

Lately however, the young Ds flop down on the lawn in front of the McDonalds where they wait for me to finish. :blush: Normally we are home in time for a nice light lunch and a sleep in the afterrnoon. 

This year we are starting very late (my seeding got shot) and we are doing a slow and fun one, so we'll be out there over lunch. Not sure whether we'll pack lunch and have a picnic on Chappies (done that) or maybe have coffee and a croissant in Kalk Bay, "tea" and scones in Simonstown, burger in Noordhoek, cocktails in Hout Bay?

Edited by DJR

Curse myself for not training enough and start thinking about procrastinating about a possible preliminary schedule for thinking about a training plan for 2021 CTCT.

Plus beer and braai.

hahahaha I ride home to Muizenberg, go for a swim in the sea, then eat and nap.

This year I will forego the nap to play with my boy. Sundays are usually my full time dad day, so I don't want to miss too much time with the wee one!

What route do you take? We should finish very similar time. Maybe we can ride together.

Where is the best place to have a craft beer during the race? I would like to do a sub 6, but would like to stop for a beer. I was thinking somewhere at fishhoek? I start in 5c

Where is the best place to have a craft beer during the race? I would like to do a sub 6, but would like to stop for a beer. I was thinking somewhere at fishhoek? I start in 5c

Hout bay is always pretty vibey, and a nice stop to build some "courage" for suikerbossie.

Kalk Bay has some nice places for beer. Hout Bay and Camps Bay also good options.

What route do you take? We should finish very similar time. Maybe we can ride together.

Lower main, past black river park, then up through Rondebosch past Bishops, then link up over Wynberg hill, past Constantia Village, spaansgemacht road, then Boyes drive....... But I'm happy to mix it up if there is a chat and some gees.

Sounds like a plan. I'm in