E Bike cheats

waynen

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me! We are flaming cheats here.... Go and take your talk of good health, aspirations and legitimate training to another thread.... No one needs to see that hard work, dedication, sacrifice and determination can over come illness and circumstance... Just buy an e-bike!

As an aside, well done. That is amazing progress and hard work. 

Haha. I'm so so sorry. I'm in Malawi at the moment using the Kaaaaaaaak spinning bike in the hotel. I'm using my HRM and doing 1 min standing 2 min spinning efforts to try to not flush all my hard work down the drain. I'm using calories/30 to determine my "kms ridden" 

Personally I love EBikes. I've had a Levo on test and it was fun as hell. But in my opinion it will make you more of what you already are. If you are a pinner who is fit it will make you more of that. But if you are a sleg lazy pig like me then it will make you more of that which is the exact thing I'm trying to combat.

So the guys moaning about e bike cheats. Give it time. 90% of people on  e bikes are lazy. they'll continue their downward trajectory and end up back on the couch in no time at all. 9% are gravity guys using them as "shuttles" and 1% will draw inspiration from the added fitness and buy a normal bike.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Haha. I'm so so sorry.

Personally I love EBikes. I've had a Levo on test and it was fun as hell. But in my opinion it will make you more of what you already are. If you are a pinner who is fit it will make you more of that. But if you are a sleg lazy pig like me then it will make you more of that which is the exact thing I'm trying to combat.

Yeah.. I agree. I would love a 140mm trail e-bike like the Commencal to absolutely thrash places like Jonkers. It's so vast that if you want to smash 4 trails top to bottom, you need to plan a whole day. Riding all 7 big trails before lunch with enough energy to run 30km in the mountains on Sunday is the dream.

But that is not the point. This thread is about why humans feel the need to cheat, why other humans are still so surprised said people cheat despite tens of thousands of instances that prove some people can't help but cheat and the basic governance of said cheating.

I still think public shaming is great. Shout 'Cheat' every time you see one illegally at a race. Report their number to marshals etc... Public shaming is fantastic. And a ban. It is mechanical doping after all. Getting people caught and on the naughty person list for mechanical doping might stamp out the cheating e-bikes.

Yeah.. I agree. I would love a 140mm trail e-bike like the Commencal to absolutely thrash places like Jonkers. It's so vast that if you want to smash 4 trails top to bottom, you need to plan a whole day. Riding all 7 big trails before lunch with enough energy to run 30km in the mountains on Sunday is the dream.

But that is not the point. This thread is about why humans feel the need to cheat, why other humans are still so surprised said people cheat despite tens of thousands of instances that prove some people can't help but cheat and the basic governance of said cheating.

I still think public shaming is great. Shout 'Cheat' every time you see one illegally at a race. Report their number to marshals etc... Public shaming is fantastic. And a ban. It is mechanical doping after all. Getting people caught and on the naughty person list for mechanical doping might stamp out the cheating e-bikes.

Get someone like this following the unsanctioned e-bikers at races: 

giphy.gif

Slight hijack.

Sorry if this is a personal q. What meds are you on?

do you have a BP issue and a cholesterol issue? I'm asking coz I have astronomically high cholesterol and both my parents had heart attacks. I'm on meds and trying my best to get fitter.

My doc said that getting fitter will reduce my chances of a heart attack. I bought a HRM and I'm doing 3-4 spinning classes a week and going as hard as I can. In 6 months my resting HR has gone down from high 60's to high 50's

Do you have a heart rate monitor? Do you keep your HR within a certain range?

The first one that controls my heart rate is Indoblok

IDE-EFFECTS AND SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS:

The most common side-effects of Indoblok are gastro-intestinal such as nausea, constipation, vomiting and diarrhoea. Fatigue and dizziness may also occur. Central nervous system effects include depression, hallucinations and disturbances of sleep and vision, vivid dreams, nightmares, paradoxical hypertension, confusion, overt psychosis, allergic reactions, transient hearing loss, metabolic disturbances, alopecia, myopathies, dry eyes, stomatitis, malaise may also occur. Cardio-vascular effects include bradycardia, congestive heart failure, heart block, hypotension, cold extremities and parasthesia.

Development of Raynaud’s phenomenon (due to unopposed arteriolar-sympathetic activation), sexual impotence, hypoglycaemia, skeletal muscle weakness and gastro-intestinal disturbances may occur. Severe peripheral vascular disease and even peripheral gangrene may be precipitated.

Administration to pregnant mothers shortly before giving birth, or during labour may result in the newborn infants being born hypotonic, collapsed and hypoglycaemic. Blood disorders and skin rashes may also occur. Other side-effects reported include fluid retention and mass gain, muscle cramps and dry mouth.

In congestive heart failure, Indoblok should only be administered when the patient is fully digitalised and then only with great caution. This combination can be considered despite the potentiation of negative chronotropic effect of the two medicines. Careful control of dosages and of the individual patient’s response (and notably pulse rate) is essential in this situation. Adverse reactions are more common in patients with renal decompensation.

In diabetes mellitus Indoblok may reduce blood-sugar levels and may enhance the effects of hypoglycaemic agents. Great care should be exercised when giving Indoblok to patients undergoing anaesthesia and myocardial depressants such as chloroform or ether must be avoided.

Indoblok may mask the symptoms of hyperthyroidism.

Indoblok should never be given to patients with phaeochromocytoma without concomitant alpha-adrenergic blocking therapy.

Then for two weeks I am on Pecaset 500mg (this one can kill my as heart attacks are caused by it.

Side Effects

Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, constipation, tiredness, weakness, headache, dizziness, trouble sleeping, or changes in taste may occur. Nausea and vomiting can be severe. In some cases, your doctor may prescribe medication to prevent or relieve nausea and vomiting. Eating several small meals, not eating before treatment, or limiting activity may help lessen some of these effects. If any of these effects last or get worse, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.

Diarrhea is a common side effect of this medication. Drink plenty of fluids unless directed otherwise. Your doctor may also prescribe medication (such as loperamide) to help lessen diarrhea. Vomiting or diarrhea that doesn't stop may result in a serious loss of body water (dehydration). Contact your doctor promptly if you notice any symptoms of dehydration, such as unusual decreased urination, unusual dry mouth/thirst, or dizziness/lightheadedness.

Temporary hair loss may occur. Normal hair growth should return after treatment has ended. Also, temporary nail changes may occur.

People using this medication may have serious side effects. However, your doctor has prescribed this drug because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk ofside effects. Careful monitoring by your doctor may decrease your risk.

Stop taking capecitabine and tell your doctor right away if any of these very serious side effects occur: severe nausea/vomiting (vomiting 2 or more times per day, unable to eat or keep food/fluids in your stomach), painful redness/swelling/sores in mouth or on your tongue.

Capecitabine may make you develop a skin problem called hand-foot syndrome. To help prevent this, protect your hands and feet from heat or increased pressure. Avoid activities such as using hot dishwater, taking tub baths, jogging, long walks, or using garden or household tools such as screwdrivers. Symptoms may include pain, swelling, redness, blisters, or numbness of the hands/feet. Your doctor may prescribe medication (such as balm) to help with symptoms. If symptoms affect your usual activities, get medical help right away.

For men and women of childbearing age, this medication may affect your ability to have children. Ask your doctor for more details.

This medication may lower your ability to fight infections. This may make you more likely to get a serious (rarely fatal) infection or make any infection you have worse. Tell your doctor right away if you have any signs of infections (such as sore throat that doesn't go away, fever, chills, cough).

Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including: easy bruising/bleeding, mental/mood changes (such as depression), swelling of the ankles/feet, vision changes, signs of kidney problems (such as change in the amount of urine), yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine.

Get medical help right away if you have any very serious side effects, such as: chest/jaw/left arm pain, unusual sweating, fainting, slow/fast/irregular heartbeat.

A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, get medical help right away if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, such as: rash/blisters/peeling, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.

This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other side effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

3 one is Avastin

The following side effects are common (occurring in greater than 30%) for patients taking avastin:

Generalized Weakness

Pain

Abdominal pain

Nausea & vomiting

Poor appetite

Constipation

Upper respiratory infection

Low white blood cell count. (This can put you at increased risk for infection.)

Proteinuria (see kidney problems)

Nose bleed (see bleeding problems)

Diarrhea

Hair loss

Mouth sores

Headache

These side effects are less common side effects (occurring in about 10-29%) of patients receiving avastin:

Shortness of breath

Dizziness

High blood pressure

Weight loss

Muscle aches and pains

These are rare but serious complications of avastin therapy.

Gastrointestinal perforation/ fistula formation/ wound healing complications

Hemorrhage (severe bleeding)

Hypertensive crisis (severe high blood pressure)

Nephrotic Syndrome - a condition marked by very high levels of protein in the urine (proteinuria), low levels of protein in the blood, swelling, especially around the eyes, feet and hands. This syndrome is caused by damage to the glomeruli (tiny blood vessels in the kidney that filter waste and excess water from the blood and send them to the bladder as urine).

Congestive heart failure in patients who have received prior treatment with anthracycline based chemotherapy, or radiation therapy to the chest wall.

Delayed effects:

Based on animal studies, avastin may disrupt normal menstrual cycles and impair fertility by several effects. Some parameters do not recover completely, or recover very slowly following discontinuation of the drug.

I have a range of monitoring equipment. From O2 stats BP monitors and HR monitors.

I have to try and keep my HR below 140BPM if cycling. Getting it above 150 is not a good idea. I try to keep it in the range of 130-140 when I am out. So slow and steady.

Cholesterol was a bit high with the last test, and had no BP problems at all. I had low BP problems.

All the meds are for a oncological problem.

I want to give it a go. Since my outing last week, my blood pressure is in the region of 140/105 and that for me is very very hight and I have constant headaches from that. I can't push my HR at the moment as I might die due to the meds that I am on (oh no joke, the side effects of the pills are a heart attack). I want to wait one day and try to get on the bike again today, and see if my BP drops a bit, or else I need to go see the doctor for more meds to help me with my BP. Oh and the BP is a side effect of one of the meds that I am on.

One huge hurdle. The cost of the bikes.

I’d love to encourage you to ride an ebike

Maybe it’s a great idea for later down the line to look forward to, time to plan and save some $

I don’t want to aggregate your current situation

#livetorideanthorday

Get someone like this following the unsanctioned e-bikers at races: 

giphy.gif

That's exactly what I mean. Harass them and heckle them. They are cheating in plain site. 

Death to cheaters! Shame! Shame!

Saw a clip from GCN where the bloke used an eBike to cheat his way up the ranks on Strava. And the Hill Climb champ just busted his time with a normal bike.

Still sad that GCN would sink so low to cheat with an eBike

https://youtu.be/trDbyQbfHKc

Saw a tweet from Alan Hatherly that he's doing the e-bike champ race this week... can't post the tweet from here, but I guess he's a cheat too now...

Saw a tweet from Alan Hatherly that he's doing the e-bike champ race this week... can't post the tweet from here, but I guess he's a cheat too now...

Being a top-level cyclist AND moto-x competitor is something to be proud of. I think Matt Beers went the other way. It's like enjoying both tea and coffee - they're just sh*t when mixed together.

There are certain rules in MTB, like if Minnaar crashes its never funny and you don't laugh. We can add this one maybe, if Hatherly rides ebike, then its cool, no matter what.

Is it an e-bike only race?