The Munga 2019

Ramrod

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JN is off course fortunately he has turned back, but it has allowed the son of an old colleague of mine, Martin Bain Venn, to pass him for 6th.

So over 1000km and 55 hours of sister kissing!

Any thoughts on which of the two made the suggestion to roll over the finish line together? One of them must've made it first.

JN is off course fortunately he has turned back, but it has allowed the son of an old colleague of mine, Martin Bain Venn, to pass him for 6th.

Old KES boy who did Post Matric at St Andrews College in Grahamstown.... He was a big boned kid.... mean hole man in the polo pool

Any thoughts on which of the two made the suggestion to roll over the finish line together? One of them must've made it first.

Dunno.... Benky probably just beamed a toothy smile at Thinus and he was enchanted!

Old KES boy who did Post Matric at St Andrews College in Grahamstown.... He was a big boned kid.... mean hole man in the polo pool

This is a fantastic performance for MB he was a mid packer last year which in itself was a great performance for a novice.

Edited by River Rat

Any chance of Facebook Live when you get there?

I tried connecting but signal was very weak at Doolhof! Couldn't even read the comments here or follow the dots

Benky came out the singletracks first and slammed the brakes before the finishline so they can go over the line together.. he won in my eyes.

But I get what they were saying afterwards.. after 1000km of testing and pushing each other not one of them was able to pull away or break the other one and it felt unfair to both of them that an endurance race of this magnitude be decided on a 500m singletrack down to the finishline.

Edited by JohanDiv

This is a fantastic performance for MB he was a mid packer last year which in itself was a great performance for a novice.

This years his third (maybe even 4th) I’m pretty sure... and last year he was top 15. I was in the same year as Martin at Kes, still see him quite often through waterpolo... he loves the event, and he wants the conditions tougher as it suites him. Not a small guy, was first team prop, but he’s as tough as nails and has bags of mental strength