The Munga 2019

Ramrod

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you see that? I just refreshed and it says there's 300m between them

On the Race Flow graph. At more or less the last point both of them were. Benky at 986,5km after 2days 3hours 27min. Thinus at 986.3km after 2days 3hours 34min.

On tracker TR 900m behind but with a 3min lag in update.  My guess is they are basically almost together

On tracker TR 900m behind but with a 3min lag in update.  My guess is they are basically almost together

Remember they are busy climbing, so the kilometre gap will seem closer than what it actually is. Will be interesting to see the time gap once they ae down in Ceres.

this must be one of the best threads i have ever followed.sat through numerous live IM races but this takes the cake so far.to all participants i take my hat off

The scray part is that Ramses was already kicking back and drinking beer at the finish line this time last year!

It's damn exciting checking in on TR and KB then checking their GPS lag then doing mental maths to see what the real gap is... Not really sure who I am rooting for this year!

Shoe, he is still in Atrial FIb, but in an air con room and doing ok.

He is out of the hospital.

So another rider scratched due to medical reasons.

Thanks for the update on BN.

man, this lag between TR and KB's tracker updates is mind boggling

glad you mention it.

it's going to be incredibly irritating now as it is neck and neck.

they're probably using the SPOT Gen3 trackers, fastest refresh rate is 3minutes. and obviously they are not synchrosnised and as you can see they don't always update either. this has a sattelite upload, so gets around the issue of there not being cellphone coverage in most of the areas these sort of races go to.

The problem is the 3minutes best case update, this is hardwired to save on battery (and satellite data)

Any simple GSM (mobile network) could have live tracking with 10hz refresh.

they should have about 4/5 of these and slap them onto whoever is in the lead at ceres, and then do the switch on the tracker site.

there's going to be lots of virtual leapfrogging on the tracker site now...and who knows what's actually happening on the ground