2019 UCI Road World Championships - Yorkshire

Vetplant

Dennis destroyed the field.

Not a popular winner, but I can take that any day of the week instead of another win by Mr365 come Sunday...

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dennis destroyed the field.

Not a popular winner, but I can take that any day of the week instead of another win by Mr365 come Sunday...

Is it not?

By all accounts Dennis is well liked in the Peleton. 

Is Tommy D ever going to come right after his crash at Giro?

I love how Campanaerts had such a nightmare and still got 11th. Good signing for NTT next year.

Taking nothing away from Dennis, but silver for Remco at only 19 yrs old and his 1st year as pro. Massive respect.

Massive respect for Remco, he is set for big things! Was rooting for him.

Maybe Sunday...?

Is it not?

I love how Campanaerts had such a nightmare and still got 11th. Good signing for NTT next year.

Personally I don't like the way he walked off at LeTour, think some people are not over it either.

But he sure made a statement by laying down the Watts today.

Is it not?

Yeah, if you are fed up having to use sub par equipment and dont drink the marketing rubbish from Merida and Rudy you would be rather upset if you are a world champion. 

I like how BMC has posted about the gold medal and Bahrain is tweeting about some riders birthday. I think NTT should sign him and get de Bod under his wing. Or should that be in his slip stream, not sure.

Personally I don't like the way he walked off at LeTour, think some people are not over it either.

But he sure made a statement by laying down the Watts today.

For sure, but he has never said a word about why.

I like him. People are way too quick to say 'he should have done this and how could he do that' without any real facts.

Neither he nor the team have laid down any specifics and to be honest, if it was all in his basket the BM would have crucified him, hung him out to dry and ruined his career.

Great ride by a guy who seemed all to human with his evident emotion at what he achieved today. That was a BIG win for him and Mel. Not just in cycling terms, but it makes me wonder just what he has overcome in the last few months.

Well done you filthy Aussie! Good on ya cobba!

Also, massive dick move by Roglic for riding up his inside and ruining his finish line celebrations. pfffft

Hopefully nice performance bonus in current contract with BM and being World Champ, some bargaining chips for a contract with new team.

Win win scenario for Rohan.

Photobomb

BTW BMC made it clear on their social media and marketing arm that Dennis was on their TimeMachine although the frame was blacked out.

BMC vs Merida. Eish.

dennis_TT-1280x767.jpg

Yip, mastering 'perceived effort' is still a major attribute / skill.

Checking power meter data can be an 'limiter' of performance. The irony.

“Earlier this year I did a race and it was just when I started to really kind of get my strength back. And I remember looking down at the power meter and thinking ‘I’m going out way too hard I need to back it off’ and so not having a power meter today, you know, not looking at those numbers and telling myself ‘hey, like, back it off,’ it was just kind of full gas from the beginning.”

Chloe Dygart-Owen

Remco Evenepoel (19 years) is the youngest ever rider to finish in the top 3 at the World Championships in any discipline.

Sauce @CafeRoubaix

truly an exceptional result/talent!