Bikes for Trail Riding... The start

Hairy

I want this to be my next trail bike. Obviously I'd have to be unlock and get my current bike stolen as it's on the upper side of $$$ but it looks like it would would be amazeballs. I'd swap out for a beefier fork though. 

process_134_cr_29.jpg

Edited by Yo-Yo

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want this to be my next trail bike. Obviously I'd have to be unlock and get my current bike stolen as it's on the upper side of $$$ but it looks like it would would be amazeballs. I'd swap out for a beefier fork though. 

process_134_cr_29.jpg

The 34 is actually not bad at all..... to date it has great on my Jeffery and I weigh in at 95kgs

Can we please talk about the beauty that is the 140mm 2020 Orbea Occam:

Been eye balling this one too. Also very nice in alloy. Seems to be a true all-rounder. 

Their MyO customizer is loads of fun. Comes at a premium though...

But initial reviews seem very favorable. That or the Rallon would definitely be my "If I win the lotto bike..."

I've ridden the Rallon and that firmly lives in the Enduro version of this thread. Its a great bike but it's solid and burly as a mofo. Would like to see what this new Occam will be like I always thought of them as more light trail or aggressive XC vibe previously. Looks like it's stepped up this time around. 

Can we please talk about the beauty that is the 140mm 2020 Orbea Occam:

Getting that water bottle in and out seems like it could be fun. Looks nice without it tho.

Vitus Mythique - cheap and cheerful trail bike. 

Funny story - the name sounds like an Afrikaans person with a lisp saying 'musiek'. 

p5pb17821548.jpg

R35k - R37k give or take a few R's for duties and shipping, for the top of the line SX with Z2 Bomber up front. But I see they are already sold out for now.

Getting that water bottle in and out seems like it could be fun. Looks nice without it tho.

There's no brace on the left hand side, so not an issue. But it does necessitate getting the bottle with your left hand. 

There's no brace on the left hand side, so not an issue. But it does necessitate getting the bottle with your left hand. 

Not a problem for gods chosen few. Those less fortunate to use their right hand... well this is payback for years of right handed scissors and having your natural writing arm tied behind your back at school. Not that I have unresolved issues!