Bikes for Trail Riding... The start

Hairy

I took one of the new alu Pyga Hyrax prototypes out for a ride about two weeks ago. 140mm/150mm travel, climbs like a goat and descends like a demon. Little over 14 kg's.

What an incredible bike. From my understanding will it also be priced very competitively as well.

Best bike I have ever ridden. Currently number 1 on my dream list. I am *very* keen on getting one when they come out soon.

Nice bike. First Pyga I like.

Seems a bit on the heavy side at over 14 kg -with that spec there’s not much weight to shed except for tyres. But I guess this due sharing the same frame with the bigger brother, slakline.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a "real" trail bike, but its what I have and I love it! Takes me everywhere I want to go. bBeen upgraded slightly with the following

DHR front tyre (courtesy of the_bob)

NX derailluer (upgraded because the original one got damaged)

Dropper post

780mm handle bars

45mm stem

and increased fork travel from 100mm to 120mmattachicon.gif20190925_180533.jpg

For a R12k bike, its pretty awesome

No you are wrong, your bike fits the description of trail bike perfectly.

I took one of the new alu Pyga Hyrax prototypes out for a ride about two weeks ago. 140mm/150mm travel, climbs like a goat and descends like a demon. Little over 14 kg's.

What an incredible bike. From my understanding will it also be priced very competitively as well.

Best bike I have ever ridden. Currently number 1 on my dream list. I am *very* keen on getting one when they come out soon.

Rode one on Monday.  Very keen on this as well.

Rietvlei, just down the road from Bedfordview.  I'll gladly show you around if you want to go for a ride!  We have Thaba trails nearby too.

Done Thaba and love it, especially the optional bits! Haven't hit Rietvlei yet, but am planning to soon

What is everyone's opinion on the perfect travel for a hard hitting trail bike for the Gauteng area? Our trails here in the Highveld is obviously very rocky, rooty and loose.

130/130?

130/150?

140/150?

150/160?

How do those with 130mm in the back find the terrain when things get rough?