Bikes for Trail Riding... The start

Hairy

New Evil Following! So much of want!

CF010-BFF-726-E-45-F8-99-D7-00-B0-A15-BF

The most irritating so-called bike reviewer on Bike Mag did a video review of this where he claimed that 157 was the next big thing and our 148 wheels are now relics. Totally put me off Bikemag and this bike all in one go. 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, the whole Bike Mag crew are a bunch of elitist creeps and Palmer is probably the worst of them, but the initial feedback is positive. I'm waiting for Pinkbike to put out a full review, hopefully Kazimer gets the job. Though, in reality most of us will never own an Evil, so it's more curiosity to see how the mainstream brands will react and how our bikes could evolve in the next few years

The most irritating so-called bike reviewer on Bike Mag did a video review of this where he claimed that 157 was the next big thing and our 148 wheels are now relics. Totally put me off Bikemag and this bike all in one go. 

What was their reaction to Pivot bikes ?

Weren't they one of the first with Super Boost frames ?

They reviewed a Trail 429 recently. Same guy didn’t seem to think it was much of an issue. New Switchblade also didn’t elicit much of a Superboost put down

They reviewed a Trail 429 recently. Same guy didn’t seem to think it was much of an issue. New Switchblade also didn’t elicit much of a Superboost put down

Sounds like he is trying to make up for lost opportunity 

• 3 months later...

If I'm buying a new bike this year, this will be at the top of the list. Just depends what the new Scott Spark will look like.

this is one sexy bike!

If I'm buying a new bike this year, this will be at the top of the list. Just depends what the new Scott Spark will look like.

wow she is a beauty

Nearly as nice the YT Isso actually.

What do you guys do for hydration on extended rides considering all these bikes have space for only one water bottle?

What do you guys do for hydration on extended rides considering all these bikes have space for only one water bottle?

Well you have options but the main first ones that come to mind is:

A hydration pack either a backpack or hip pack/moon bag/bum bag/hip bag etc. one of those.

post-125294-0-60844200-1593555231.jpeg post-125294-0-83043900-1593555226.jpeg

Or you can get a rail, like the Holy Rail:

post-125294-0-25887200-1593555279_thumb.jpg

I’ve been riding with a hydration pack for so long I feel naked without it. Plus, I like clean lines on my bike. No bottles or spares go on the frame.