2020 Tour de France

pista

Possibly Gogl and maybe Gibbons but reckon they'd be used to pull EBH out (unless he's saving himself for Sunday).

Anyone saving themselves for Sunday is riding for second place behind Ewan.

For today, if Trentin or Sagan (as pap as he is) are still at the finish, EBH will be riding for second or third...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That Goggle bloke is a better bet.

So just something I noticed with him when he was in the break the other day. It looks like he has he shifters swapped around. It seemed he was tapping the left lever to change at the back. I am keen to try find out actually. I know plenty okes that consider themselves motox riders swap their brakes but I have never actually seen someone swap the gears.

So I would be keen to see him in a break, just so I can put my curiosity at ease.

Or maybe John can take a walk over to the NTT bus and look for me.................

So just something I noticed with him when he was in the break the other day. It looks like he has he shifters swapped around. It seemed he was tapping the left lever to change at the back. 

I thought I was the only one who saw that.

Then I thought, with electrical shifting, you could have whatever gear shift anywhere, so why not.

So just something I noticed with him when he was in the break the other day. It looks like he has he shifters swapped around. It seemed he was tapping the left lever to change at the back. I am keen to try find out actually. I know plenty okes that consider themselves motox riders swap their brakes but I have never actually seen someone swap the gears.

So I would be keen to see him in a break, just so I can put my curiosity at ease.

Or maybe John can take a walk over to the NTT bus and look for me.................

Was it the main shifters or maybe he was using the top shifter buttons to shift the back (left to shift up and right to shift down)

Was it the main shifters or maybe he was using the top shifter buttons to shift the back (left to shift up and right to shift down)

Shifting on the brake lever by the look of things.

I thought I was the only one who saw that.

Then I thought, with electrical shifting, you could have whatever gear shift anywhere, so why not.

Yeah a lot easier with electronic. Mechanical would be a mission.

I know plenty okes that consider themselves motox riders swap their brakes

For thirty years I meticulously did that. Right for front, left for rear brake.

Now I'm an old dog so I just use whatever it is on the bike I ride for the day. 

Yeah like TNT said, he was tapping the left brake lever. The time I saw it happening he had been in an aero position resting his arms on the bars, then every now and then he moved his left hand to touch the brake lever. Maybe it was a superstitious thing? Maybe it was rattling and he just kept touching it? I thought about tweeting Ant and Simon but thought they would then go off at some other tangent. But now I really want to know.

I tend to agree. They should lay a formal compliant against the UCI official for not carrying out the check and dismantling of the bike in an acceptable manner.

The UCI HFM broke the power meter connecting cable when they took the crank apart. Just ripped the cable out of the strain gauge pod. totally &^%$

The UCI HFM broke the power meter connecting cable when they took the crank apart. Just ripped the cable out of the strain gauge pod. totally &^%$

That's even worse, plain careless & malicious and not a simple task to fix, unless they have plenty spares and can simply replace.

What time is the kickoff today?

thanks guys, tiz stream starts at 1:30 so that's it?

i wanna see the fireworks from thre gun

That's even worse, plain careless & malicious and not a simple task to fix, unless they have plenty spares and can simply replace.

I believe the cable is fixed permanently to the drive side crank arm and plugs into the left side. When they remove the crank arm they simply yanked the cable and it broke out of the drive side arm. PM in its nut.

Since these things don;t all deliver the same numbers for the same effort (variability in the strain gauges) its enough for the rider to have doubt in  their equipment.

Its typically careless and authoritarian behaviour from the UCI. "we'l break your bike but don't get mad at us"

I believe the cable is fixed permanently to the drive side crank arm and plugs into the left side. When they remove the crank arm they simply yanked the cable and it broke out of the drive side arm. PM in its nut.

Since these things don;t all deliver the same numbers for the same effort (variability in the strain gauges) its enough for the rider to have doubt in  their equipment.

Its typically careless and authoritarian behaviour from the UCI. "we'l break your bike but don't get mad at us"

My thoughts went to this when I saw them mention the damage. Repeatability of values between to Power Meters is not something that is guaranteed.

Luckily there shouldn't be too many critical moments where power readings are critical, except for the ITT, which under normal circumstances would not have been an issue as he probably have run something different on his TT bike anyways. BUT, they are gonna do a bike swop for the climbing portion, so it is a challenge now to get that sorted ASAP.

They either need to get an expedited Repair or try to recalibrate a new crank.