Best flanno / plaid / lumber jack MTB shirts

T-Bob

Not exactly fitting into the original theme of the thread but I was inspired to look for a new riding top. After looking about at pretty over priced things I settled on a Westpeak shirt and for R380 it's bargain of the year. Nicely made and pretty tidy. Very happy with the neutral colour as I've got a collection of pretty bright shorts that have been sitting in a draw because all my jerseys have this or that hectic pattern that makes me look like a clown if I were to wear them together. I are very happy ad it did't cost me R1200+ that alot of the other shirts here are coming in at.

Grey-Shirt-Front_2048x2048.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol maybe "rural" oz but the shirt of choice on the east coast is defo the "bintang" wifebeater.

it also gives them enough airtime to show off their full body tatoos.

No really...you would be forgiven for thinking australians are the most tatoo'd nation on earth....you are wierd if you walk around in your virgin pale and blank skin....

:lol: Slip your feet into some thongs, get on your best wifebeater, jump in the holden with the 'only milk & OJ comes in 2 litres' sticker on the back with the widow down and show off the Southern cross or a maori tatt'.  

Bloody oath 'straya you're as true blue as a pack of singing gallahs! Onya!

Edited by T-Bob

Not exactly fitting into the original theme of the thread but I was inspired to look for a new riding top. After looking about at pretty over priced things I settled on a Westpeak shirt and for R380 it's bargain of the year. Nicely made and pretty tidy. Very happy with the neutral colour as I've got a collection of pretty bright shorts that have been sitting in a draw because all my jerseys have this or that hectic pattern that makes me look like a clown if I were to wear them together. I are very happy ad it did't cost me R1200+ that alot of the other shirts here are coming in at.

Thats pretty sweet looking shirt even with the lack of hipsterness and checks. At that price it's a bargain. 

I like what you are doing .... just be very careful no one mistakes you for an ex. golfer ... you hopefully don't ride a spaz s-werk do you?

Pity they dont make 3/4 long shorts.

Actually that might be an option to be able to finally wear these out and not blind people on the trail. Pretty sure double checks would be highly frowned upon... Myles? 

http://www.muddymoles.org.uk/images/intrepid-apparel-mission-shorts.jpg

I settled on a Westpeak shirt and for R380 it's bargain of the year. Nicely made and pretty tidy. Very happy with the neutral colour as I've got a collection of pretty bright shorts that have been sitting in a draw because all my jerseys have this or that hectic pattern that makes me look like a clown if I were to wear them together.

From the Pro Shop?

????

From the Pro Shop?

ha, ha! That's cold. Made me think twice now. More acceptable? 

s-l500.jpg

Edited by T-Bob

Hopefully they have replaced magnetic clasp mechanism on the rear pocket. Lost my car keys on a bumpy ride once and only then realised the pocket doesn't close completely.  :unsure:

Otherwise, they are quite nice for a relaxed coffee ride. 

ha, ha! That's cold. Made me think twice now. More acceptable?

s-l500.jpg

Who sells those fox shirts??

Asking for a friend.

Who sells those fox shirts??

Asking for a friend.

Ha, ha. I have a friend who wants to know as well. These were on eBay for £30 but ot sure if they ship to SA. Tried looking but seems they are an old 2016 stock. They have a few so I'm tempted to see if anyone wants a group order, have a chat, see what the shipping might be like and go from there. 

Why not just order from our friends at Ali? Yes I know the shirts will take about 3 months to get here and you run the risk of donating them to a postal worker but hey, at $12 a shirt I reckon its a risk worth taking  :thumbup:.

Here's a link to "pure flannel" but they have like over 16 000 designs in the cycling section to choose from.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=200000669&initiative_id=AS_20191017232515&isPremium=y&SearchText=flannel&switch_new_app=y

Maybe some of these then: 

post-51766-0-74155900-1571384190_thumb.jpg

Edited by RobertWhitehead

Why not just order from our friends at Ali? Yes I know the shirts will take about 3 months to get here and you run the risk of donating them to a postal worker but hey, at $12 a shirt I reckon its a risk worth taking  :thumbup:.

Here's a link to "pure flannel" but they have like over 16 000 designs in the cycling section to choose from.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=200000669&initiative_id=AS_20191017232515&isPremium=y&SearchText=flannel&switch_new_app=y

Maybe some of these then: 

That is gold. So much want. Just need a spot to store my Stein and a bottle cage to hold my Growler. 

Growler-Cage-2.jpg

f2877eb9f40b163a5b3b65e5fa10b032--bike-i

Edited by T-Bob

I'm sure Ali can help with that as well  :clap:. With over 15 000 in the bottle cage category something have to work  :lol:

That is gold. So much want. Just need a spot to store my Stein and a bottle cage to hold my Growler.