Best flanno / plaid / lumber jack MTB shirts

T-Bob

Is this a CT or coastal thing? I have honestly never seen anyone here in Gauteng wearing flanno/ plaid or whatever on the bike before, I have seen some "sleeveless wife beater" shirts before but no flannel  :w00t:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a CT or coastal thing? I have honestly never seen anyone here in Gauteng wearing flanno/ plaid or whatever on the bike before, I have seen some "sleeveless wife beater" shirts before but no flannel  :w00t:

Bintang ones? The quality mark of the seasoned bogan. 

Edited by T-Bob

what are you talking about...mine are ALL vintage GP, they were huge there circa 2012 haha.

.I'll admit i stopped wearing them here because i didn't want to be associated with 'dem hipsters. i even shaved my head and face.

Bintang ones? The quality mark of the seasoned bogan. 

i ride my bike win 'homemade' sleeveless T-shirts too  :ph34r:

not always but I do. They are leka over cycling baggies. Business in the bottom and party at the top? They don't chafe my nipples like the cycling tops lol. i look like a proper mullet then...just need to grow one too.

I live in CT and have only seen one bloke in a flanno / hawaiian shirt and that was at the Enduro WP last week. Had a funny mustache as well.

Some folks just love been different and uncomfortable. Once met a bloke who ran the Comrades in a pair a jeans.

I live in CT and have only seen one bloke in a flanno / hawaiian shirt and that was at the Enduro WP last week. Had a funny mustache as well.

Some folks just love been different and uncomfortable. Once met a bloke who ran the Comrades in a pair a jeans.

Duran... It is a wonder he had a shirt on at all.

It's a thing. I run in a check shirt. I ride in check shirts. First Ascent make rad tech fabric long and short sleeves. So do Columbia. One picks them up in the old person section at Sportsman's Wearhouse.

They are insanely comfortable, breath well, dry lighting fast, don't cling to you or ride up and they are UV resistant. With a full button up front they regulate temperature well too.

My go to shirt for long trail days like Puffer and 100 milers or long days in the saddle.

I don't like stretchy fabric tops.

So I see your 'uncomfortable' and raise you'tried, tested and comfy and a goose down pillow'

I ride in a long sleeve check shirt when in the mood, or a short sleeve technical shirt, the one with the huge air vent panel at the back. It is great as it keeps one nice and cool. I also have a "moses" short top that I ride in. 

No ... you guys up country wear two tone kaki tops .............

What is flanno?

Australian Bogans most loved shirt, the iconic flannelette shirt. Better known as the flanno, or is it the flannie?

Well, us Aussies love to end everything with o. Why waste time on long words when o is so much simpler? From the great Aussie tradition of the smoko, to our favourite pastime, the reno. And why is there always a mate called Johno or Davo? And who called it a bottle-o? It’s so fascinating how we love to end everything with o, someone should make a doco.

Case closed for the flanno then.

Blog_Lifestyle_Flanno_1080x1080_2.jpg

But we also love to end everything with y or ie. We’re not Australians, were Aussie! We love brekky, but we’re famous for the barbie! Don’t forget the esky and stubbie and the spray for the bloody mozzies! And what about the tradies? From the sparky and brickie to the truckie and chippie. And they all wear sunnies.

So, the flannie could be right too.

Let’s not start even start with how we also end everything with a. We’d need to get a cuppa to start talking about why we call it Maccas.

Whatever you want to call it, the flannelette shirt is an Aussie icon for mullet wearing ferals and euro hipsters everywhere. 

lol maybe "rural" oz but the shirt of choice on the east coast is defo the "bintang" wifebeater.

it also gives them enough airtime to show off their full body tatoos.

No really...you would be forgiven for thinking australians are the most tatoo'd nation on earth....you are wierd if you walk around in your virgin pale and blank skin....