The toolbox thread

100Tours

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you guys recommend a glue gun?

I've currently got a Topline and Ryobi but have successfully managed to break the trigger systems numerous times as they're made of plastic- tired of having to open em up and super glue them.

Any suggestions would be great!

Dear Tool Guru's

A friend gave me this Ryobi CD-1414 Cordless Driver Drill a while back, but he did not have the battery charger. I did spend the odd Saturday at Builders asking if they could get a charger, but a year down the road I am still waiting for them to reply to my repeated requests.

I assume one can buy a battery charger for this and would it be a ridiculous amount of money that you may as well buy a new drill?

post-5403-0-15952100-1614016878_thumb.jpeg

post-5403-0-25880100-1614016883_thumb.jpeg

post-5403-0-03117000-1614016889_thumb.jpeg

I should add punching in the various drill and battery code into the Ryobi web search gave no answers

I should add punching in the various drill and battery code into the Ryobi web search gave no answers

Chat to the importers up here in Midrand. Always excellent service (011) 357 9600. (011) 805 5541.

Chat to the importers up here in Midrand. Always excellent service (011) 357 9600. (011) 805 5541.

Thanks ... will give them a spin .. no pun intended on your hub name

Finally getting my own garage in 4 months time (hopefully) and starting to collect my tools.

A compressor is the first ‘big’ item on the list and need some advise on what to get.

Just going to be used for regular home use, I.e. tubeless, drying chains etc. We are going to be in a small complex so started looking at the ‘silent’ 25L options from Ardendorff.

Is this a good option or should I look at something else? If so, what should I be looking at? Don’t want to drop 6k on something that isn’t going to be used properly, will rather spend that ZAR on the workbench and drawers.

Finally getting my own garage in 4 months time (hopefully) and starting to collect my tools.

A compressor is the first ‘big’ item on the list and need some advise on what to get.

Just going to be used for regular home use, I.e. tubeless, drying chains etc. We are going to be in a small complex so started looking at the ‘silent’ 25L options from Ardendorff.

Is this a good option or should I look at something else? If so, what should I be looking at? Don’t want to drop 6k on something that isn’t going to be used properly, will rather spend that ZAR on the workbench and drawers.

Using it maybe once a month ?

Basic unit on special at your local hardwarestore does the job perfectly.

Adendorf type money is for small workshops ...

Put that money towards quality tools, espacially torque wrenches and an assortment of allen and torq bits ....

Ignore this advise if you are considering spray painting or similar more regular use of your compressor

I wouldn't bother with a compressor. It's a white elephant more than a nice-to-have.

I'm saying that as someone who has one, and used it so little that it now lives down at the depot with my trucks where it actually gets used once a month. It's noisy, and takes up a lot of space. Not lekker in a complex environment.

For tubeless I have a Giant air reservoir and a big foot pump, when all else fails there is a garage close by, and I don't blow dry chains. If you plan to do spray painting or has another use for it then it might be worth it.

I'd rather spend that money on better/more tools and a work stand and work benches.

I have a compressor and couldn’t live without it.

I have piped air around my workshop with 7 air points. All on retracting spring and coil hoses. All have air nozzles except one which has the parktool inflator for seating tyres.

With air at arms reach you use it more and more as you get used to having the convenience of it there.

Can see 2 pf them on my work area here.

I have a fini 25L 2hp compressor. And it works perfectly.

You can get quieter ones or as I am busy doing. You csn box it in to silence the noise.

14d0030311333ae153772dd0c802e01c.jpg

Edited by boosted gp

I have a compressor and couldn’t live without it.

I have piped air around my workshop with 7 air points. All on retracting spring and coil hoses. All have air nozzles except one which has the parktool inflator for seating tyres.

With air at arms reach you use it more and more as you get used to having the convenience of it there.

Can see 2 pf them on my work area here.

I have a fini 25L 2hp compressor. And it works perfectly.

You can get quieter ones or as I am busy doing. You csn box it in to silence the noise.

14d0030311333ae153772dd0c802e01c.jpg

Nice work Mike! Glad to see the business is working out for you.  :thumbup:

A cheap small one (even from builders) is a useful tool - I use mine for cleaning my workshop, tools, bike, nail gun and dusting myself off - they last years and I find it super useful