Attakwas 2020

Warrenlee

Undertrained. Terrified. Doing it anyway

1. Taper lekka. Get there fresh as a daisy.

2. 1/3 slow as a snail. 2/3 steady does it. 3/3 pretend you are Mathieu.

3. Don't chase wheels. 

4. Don't eat big at water stops.

5. Fun, adventure, fun, adventure, fun.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sage advice which I'll take!

1. Taper lekka. Get there fresh as a daisy.

2. 1/3 slow as a snail. 2/3 steady does it. 3/3 pretend you are Mathieu.

3. Don't chase wheels. 

4. Don't eat big at water stops.

5. Fun, adventure, fun, adventure, fun.

Dale thats probably the best advise iv seen posted for a long time! Thanks mate! 

What sort of bike related stuff are you carrying? I normally carry the usual bombs, plugs, one tube, lever etc. Is there anything here you can help with? 

Dale thats probably the best advise iv seen posted for a long time! Thanks mate!

What sort of bike related stuff are you carrying? I normally carry the usual bombs, plugs, one tube, lever etc. Is there anything here you can help with?

He's @'Dale a roadie by heart.....[emoji6]

If only the the hub had some sort of mental coach, we could use for races

Edited by Twaatie

Pleasure, @Warrenlee

I work with professional and elite athletes and their ability to perform and, thus, can add some input around competitive strategy.

Pleasure, @Warrenlee

I work with professional and elite athletes and their ability to perform and, thus, can add some input around competitive strategy.

No plans to do the race yourself Dale? Would like to hear the ex-roadie's first-hand opinion on this bastard!

No plans to do the race yourself Dale? Would like to hear the ex-roadie's first-hand opinion on this bastard!

Away with work, Skubarra

I do admire the race from a distance. 

Fantastic challenge.

Last big ride done and dusted yesterday! Now recovery rides all the way to the event. 

4 Peaks Challenge yesterday was amazing! Temperature going up Montagu was insane! 

post-131144-0-57879000-1578211892_thumb.jpeg

Last big ride done and dusted yesterday! Now recovery rides all the way to the event. 

4 Peaks Challenge yesterday was amazing! Temperature going up Montagu was insane!

Thats some serious climbing......BLACKSAM !!!

I've got a guy from Zim (Sam) working by us and everytime I get frustrated and yell out "blacksam" he answers and ask me why I called him. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji298] Edited by BSG

Jip it was a hard one. Il post a shot of the elevations. I am hoping this is the ride my body and brain recall on when it starts to really sore at Atta. 

post-131144-0-81800600-1578227656_thumb.jpeg

Looking forward to this! First time for me and the goal is simple...SURVIVE. I take it there are probably many others with a similar goal so looking forward to lekker vibes on the route!

Looking forward to this! First time for me and the goal is simple...SURVIVE. I take it there are probably many others with a similar goal so looking forward to lekker vibes on the route!

You'll survive easily ????

Doing my 4th one this year, start relaxed and start to race after the Spur water point, this is where the race begins. Many people and my stupid self has raced from the gun and then after water point 2 you start to feel those dogs biting. Pack a good electrolyte fuel in your bottle and use the water points, they are well stocked.