Attakwas 2020

Warrenlee

Jewbacca I love your approach mate! Alot of guys talk doom and gloom and try scare the poo out of us. Yes its a hard ride, we know that. But like you say its all about having the right attitude towards it. If you ever in George let me know (081 018 2552), would be awesome to ride with  you and learn from you. Much respect bro. 

Sounds like a plan! 

The in-laws live in Mossel bay and my old man in Natures Valley so we come up that way every so often!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of guys talk doom and gloom and try scare the poo out of us. Yes its a hard ride, we know that. But like you say its all about having the right attitude towards it.

Atta is a tough event that demands solid preparation even if you just want to ride it at a social pace. Think the bit of scaremongering  from the "alot of guys" is a good thing even if it is exaggerated  ^_^

I'm terrified .... 

My inner wuss is reminding me how much I don't like the heat, that it's 2700m in 121km in this heat ....

I'm listening to him as well as all the horror stories -  I've given myself until 220th December to make the call as to whether I'm going to flog my entry

I'm terrified .... 

My inner wuss is reminding me how much I don't like the heat, that it's 2700m in 121km in this heat ....

I'm listening to him as well as all the horror stories -  I've given myself until 220th December to make the call as to whether I'm going to flog my entry

From WP 3 the race changes somewhat. The gnarly rocky part is behind you . The roads are better but the climbs very steep. You start with a monster just as you leave WP 3. So if you can do climbing on gravel at a speed just before you fall over , that is also ok . Hills, hills, hills.

And the 220 th of December will never come. So you hang on to that entry.

it's a lekker event, will definitely give you an indication where your weaknesses are :) wear comfortable shoes and socks, since you will be pushing the bike on some of the hills... they are fkn relentless and steep. 

I love the atta.....

booked my flights last night on kulula with their current special which ends today....

Remember to book your campsite for the Attakwas 2020 at the finish.

Pine Creek caravan park 0446202434.

good tip, heard today my accommodation and lift is not able to ride with me this year. so i'll have to make a plan

Remember to book your campsite for the Attakwas 2020 at the finish.

Pine Creek caravan park 0446202434.

Hi

In previous years we didnt have to book. Have that changed?

8 weke oor om te oefen! Wil hom baie graag weer gaan ry. Hoop dinge werk saam hierdie jaar. Het laas jaar myself uit die race uit geval...3 weke voor dit nog begin het.

Sterkte met julle oefening en wees veilig. Gaan groot hierdie Desember. Ek weet ek wil graag. Haha

anyone have a lift for me back to the start to fetch my car after the race?

will hire a car, still need to organize accommodation

8 weke oor om te oefen! Wil hom baie graag weer gaan ry. Hoop dinge werk saam hierdie jaar. Het laas jaar myself uit die race uit geval...3 weke voor dit nog begin het.

Sterkte met julle oefening en wees veilig. Gaan groot hierdie Desember. Ek weet ek wil graag. Haha

yep its arnd the corner, my base is good atleast!! but december will be spent in the saddle, just churning gears.

anyone have a lift for me back to the start to fetch my car after the race?

will hire a car, still need to organize accommodation

Why don't you book that shuttle service - a bit expensive but saves you a lot of time & effort

Why don't you book that shuttle service - a bit expensive but saves you a lot of time & effort

yes i sent them a message on WA, still waiting for a reply :)

Thought i could clap a lift and rather contribute to someone else's pocket if possible :)

bit of a mad scramble since my plans fell through this morning with my friend that need to travel for business that time.

Hi

In previous years we didnt have to book. Have that changed?

Hi BMCfan.

Not really necessary to book, but it's always nice to have an idea of how many broken and gatvol people will be sleeping over. [emoji1787]