Touch adjust tool now available in limited edition colours

News bot

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek:  for 900 hundred ronds 

Hi Mawbs, thanks for the feedback, we understand that it is a fairly high price for a bike tool!

But also please understand the amount of CNC machine time it takes to make all these parts (9 toolbits, 6 bolts, 16 curved washers and 2 arms), the high quality materials used, plus the heat treatment with tumble polish process too... it is designed to last a lifetime!

If compared to say a chainring that is CNC machined from one piece of aluminium, it takes much longer and material cost much higher to produce this toolset, yet we still offer the complete tool package at only slightly higher/lower cost to a high end chainring... just an example. One can compare it to other CNC made products of course.

The value is in that it is made to last and not easily corrode, parts are replaceable without needing to buy a completely new tool, and in this way we see that 900 Rand will give you value in the long run and hope that the highly functional enjoyment of using it for many years will be of value too!

We are happy to give another option of bike tool to the world in a product we believe will have an increased lifespan, and in many ways this is our ultimate goal.

In essence you also get 3 multi-tools for R900

Hi Mawbs, thanks for the feedback, we understand that it is a fairly high price for a bike tool!

But also please understand the amount of CNC machine time it takes to make all these parts (9 toolbits, 6 bolts, 16 curved washers and 2 arms), the high quality materials used, plus the heat treatment with tumble polish process too... it is designed to last a lifetime!

If compared to say a chainring that is CNC machined from one piece of aluminium, it takes much longer and material cost much higher to produce this toolset, yet we still offer the complete tool package at only slightly higher cost to a high end chainring... just an example. One can compare it to other CNC made products of course.

The value is in that it is made to last and not easily corrode, parts are replaceable without needing to buy a completely new tool, and in this way we see that 900 Rand will give you value in the long run and hope that the highly functional enjoyment of using it for many years will be of value too!

We are happy to give another option of bike tool to the world in a product we believe will have an increased lifespan, and in many ways this is our ultimate goal.

I think it's one of those products you purchase once and you give it to your grand kids though...

Spot on. I fiddled with one at my LBS in Somerset West.

Holy toledo this tool is well made. If they bury you with it, archiologists in 100million will wonder what instrument this is in  but name this period the Touchian epoc.

I've got one on my 'want' list after seeing them at Stoke in CT and damn that are well made. At first I was very much in the 'R900 for a multi tool camp??' but look at the attention to detail, the size and the fact you can build it any way you want and it's going to be a keeper. I've got an annoying park tools one that I hate and struggle to use without the red mist coming down and that cost me nearly R500 so this seems pretty good for a crafted bit of kit. Also I think there will be extra bits for it coming online along the way so it'll keep evolving. 

Edited by T-Bob

Invested my money on a green one (the colour is sooooo good in real life) and I must say that it is so clever to be able to build the tool with the pieces YOU want. Also, building it up is like playing with lego again (I actually let my 6yr old daughter do it).The quality feels brilliant and sturdy and using it makes me happy. If it seems too much put in on your Christmas wishlist and get your family/spouse to buy it for you. Much better than getting 4 sh1$ gifts ;)

Looks amazing. One hint for an even smaller version. I've been looking for a simple tool with a 5mm allen on one end and 4mm on the other. That's it - like a steel stick. Can't believe no one makes it.

If compared to say a chainring that is CNC machined from one piece of aluminium, it takes much longer and material cost much higher to produce this toolset, yet we still offer the complete tool package at only slightly higher/lower cost to a high end chainring... just an example. One can compare it to other CNC made products of course.

Are the tool bits also cnc'd out/forged of alloy and then heat treated?

Shouldn't they be tool steel?

Are the tool bits also cnc'd out/forged of alloy and then heat treated?

Shouldn't they be tool steel?

Read the article, BaGearA...

The tool itself is built by you, using stiff 6061-T6 aluminium arms that bolt together using different width bolts, depending on the amount of tools you want to carry. The 2, 3 or 4 width bolts allow 4, 6 or 8 toolbits to be used from the total of 9 provided. All parts are CNC machined for accuracy of precision and fit. The toolbits and bolts are all heat treated stainless steel, while the machined washers are non heat treated stainless steel. All parts are highly corrosion resistant and ready to spend time in that sweaty pocket, wet bag or ocean air for many years, without becoming tarnished and rough to use. Built to last!