Nic Dlamini's arm broken by Table Mountain rangers

Velouria

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No poop in my hood. People seem to be pretty good at using their little packets.

Let's hope them packets is bio-degradable. My pet peeve is people putting the poop in plastic packets and then throwing it in the garbage, taking the most bio-degradable substance on Earth, and then storing it in the least bio-degradable substance so that the smell is preserved for generations to come.

lot's of dog walkers in my "hood" and never do we see poop lying around .... maybe it is just a UK/Ireland thing!

We have a long piece of grass in front of all of the houses in our street, between us and the sea wall. I had mental images of cricket matches, picnics etc when we first moved in. I quickly learned not to even walk on the grass as people don’t pick up their dog ***. Even the walkway along the sea is full of it.

We have a long piece of grass in front of all of the houses in our street, between us and the sea wall. I had mental images of cricket matches, picnics etc when we first moved in. I quickly learned not to even walk on the grass as people don’t pick up their dog ***. Even the walkway along the sea is full of it.

I say they are not using their arms anyway, so get some bruiser to break their arm and they will never leave poop there again!

Let's hope them packets is bio-degradable. My pet peeve is people putting the poop in plastic packets and then throwing it in the garbage, taking the most bio-degradable substance on Earth, and then storing it in the least bio-degradable substance so that the smell is preserved for generations to come.

I have the same issue.

It is often better to reposition the poop in the bushes out of the way whilst in the wild than it is to pick it up with a plastic bag and throw it in a land fill

Probably SAA, the R2Billion we got in December from lenders has been exhausted. How the heck do you spend R2Billion in a month?

As I understand it, SSA has not yet received that money. Treasury undertook to provide it is "a fiscally neutral manner" but of course have as yet not figure out how to do that so it is still outstanding. Problem is is must be provided by tomorrow or SAA goes bust. If so, that triggers all sorts of cross-guaranteed loans, totalling up to R50Bn. So somehow Treasury has to come up with the money. My guess is they will drop the " fiscally neutral" bit.

as soon as any type of "power" is given, it turns out to be gangsterlike abuse of that "power"...Since when is permission required from parks rangers to film abuse and assault!  trust no civil servant in a uniform...it's like a sign for abuse of power, or without uniform in fact.

Edited by 34clint

As I understand it, SSA has not yet received that money. Treasury undertook to provide it is "a fiscally neutral manner" but of course have as yet not figure out how to do that so it is still outstanding. Problem is is must be provided by tomorrow or SAA goes bust. If so, that triggers all sorts of cross-guaranteed loans, totalling up to R50Bn. So somehow Treasury has to come up with the money. My guess is they will drop the " fiscally neutral" bit.

You talking about the money from the government. The money I mentioned is from lenders. When the business rescue started they met with lenders and government and it was agreed that R2bil would be put up by lenders and the government would match it. Lenders paid, government didn't.

I hope that means you and your family take your dumps in the back garden? Why waste precious Cale Town water flushing the most bio-degrade substance into a sewage plant that needs coal power to drive it.

I hope that means you and your family take your dumps in the back garden? Why waste precious Cale Town water flushing the most bio-degrade substance into a sewage plant that needs coal power to drive it.

hahahahaha shuttup

I think it comes down to where the dog poop is. If on a park/grass/open area, pick it up.

If you're in the wild then if you don't have proper doggy poop bio-degradable bags better to move it off the path and let it feed the soil than pick it up with a Pick n Pay bag.

I read a really interesting article on the above topic using the Yossomite park as a closed environment example. 

Ja well, that;s progress for you. Maybe our past generations were more environmentally correct by using longdrops and emmers. Would make life quite interesting living in the city.  :eek:

Ja well, that;s progress for you. Maybe our past generations were more environmentally correct by using longdrops and emmers. Would make life quite interesting living in the city.  :eek:

#Boskak becomes #Tuinkak