Nic Dlamini's arm broken by Table Mountain rangers

Velouria

if you look from the rangers side, it could have been thug who was on way to stab someone? One dont know what happened before they manhandled him. From rangers perpective he was just another trespasser without permit. We all know thugs dress up these days to blend in

Will rather wait for full report before blaming anyone,

Seriously? Did you watch the video?

No need to push him arm that far up.

Facepalm!!!

Please tell me you did not have children.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/watch-cycling-star-nic-dlamini-breaks-arm-during-scuffle-with-table-mountain-rangers-20191227

Shoeeeee weeeee SANParks have to do what they have to do and support their rangers as much as possible. But they have BIG problems on their hands!

"As per the law, that is a transgression which requires them to be fined or apprehended," he added.

"It is alleged that the cyclist became quite aggressive with the rangers, hence the scuffle. The arm may have broken as a result of him resisting arrest," Thakhuli explained."

These are big statements from Mr Thakhul, who is up the creek without a paddle.

This is not going to end well.

Bloody hell, is the spokesperson seeing what he wants to see.......

Seriously? Did you watch the video?

No need to push him arm that far up.

Facepalm!!!

Please tell me you did not have children.

Yup, watched it.  I dont know what happened before.  So i cannot judge.  I dont jump to conclusions before knowing all the facts.

if you look from the rangers side, it could have been thug who was on way to stab someone? One dont know what happened before they manhandled him. From rangers perpective he was just another trespasser without permit. We all know thugs dress up these days to blend in

Will rather wait for full report before blaming anyone,

You can't be serious!!!! For real???

The video only shows unschooled employees taking their uniform way to serious. They (all useless law enforcement) think they can manhandle everyone because they have some sort of uniform on. Stupid becomes stupid

Just heard the interview on 702 radio with Donovan the witness that filmed it . He said Nic’s bars were pulled causing him to fall as he excited the park.The video then shows what transpired. He had to stop filming as he was threatened.

Here is the interview:

http://www.702.co.za/podcasts/196/the-best-of-afternoon-drive-with-joanne-joseph/275802/eye-witness-account-in-the-nick-dlamini-attack-by-rangers

Donovan: prior to them puling on his bars, did they not request/shout at him to stop? Was he being hardheaded about stopping, that is, was there a situation where he almost knocked one of them over?

Edited by Capricorn

You can't be serious!!!! For real???

The video only shows unschooled employees taking their uniform way to serious. They (all useless law enforcement) think they can manhandle everyone because they have some sort of uniform on. Stupid becomes stupid

Yup, for real, i will wait for full report then blame someone.   As said, i have no clue what happened before.  So how can I judge?

This is SANParks' response:

Here's SANParks' response to the brutal assault and attempted arrest of cycling star, #NicholasDlamini in Silvermine, Cape Town earlier today. His arm was broken. 

SANParks claims Dlamini didn't have the necessary permits, resisted arrest, and "injure(d) himself". 

post-275-0-74232000-1577465871_thumb.jpeg

The point remains that a properly trainer law enforcer will always do what they can to deescalate the/a situation, NOT perform strong arm tactics, in this case literally. If they had firearms, I am sure they would have been pulled, even used. Utter thugs, no question about that. No justification is possible for they way they behaved. Zilch.

Also - I've met Nic Dlamini (not that he'd remember - I smiled a greeting at him in a bike shop) - he is hardly a large and intimidating character - about 5'8" and 64kg in his bibs I'd estimate. 

Just adding my utter condemnation of totally unnecessary force used. :cursing:

I wish Nick a speedy recovery and I know it will not hurt them, but tomorrow morning I will NOT go to Silvermine.