Are Hardtails dead?

T_Boss

Had some fun today got a carbon FRM fork to play with. It looks great especially with the wheel under the fork makes the bike look slacker. If only it felt have as good as it looks. ????????

Bit of a noodle?

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave got back to me. It will be around R20k for the course and frame.

Tom

That's pretty good then as his off-the-peg frames are from R15K and his customs are from R20K on their own. Would be a great 40th birthday gift or an anniversary. We bought a friend a electric guitar making course with a custom builder. He did it over quite a few sessions, made the body, made the neck, created the frets, inlays, pickup and all the way through to the polishing and finishing. Even worked the leather strap. The passion and pure stoke he had when he first played it out was incredible. 

My FS got stolen, got myself a Silverback Stride HT as interim ride and loving it!! Going to upgrade to 120 front, flat pedals with 510's and few other bits and going to keep it. There are a couple Hardcore HT FB groups around all dedicated to trail riding, I think this is where the true fun of a HT lies!

My FS got stolen, got myself a Silverback Stride HT as interim ride and loving it!! Going to upgrade to 120 front, flat pedals with 510's and few other bits and going to keep it. There are a couple Hardcore HT FB groups around all dedicated to trail riding, I think this is where the true fun of a HT lies!

Net so!!!

So I need a few views.  

I have narrowed it down to 2 frames. 

• Cotic BFEMax 29 with 853 down and other steel tubes for the rest but only available in December. Only found a couple of reviews but they have all raved. 

• Banshee Paradox. Alu' but is supposed to be amazing and actually makes the ride very similar to the steel without the heft of the steel. 

At first glance I would think the Banshee would be the more all rounder but the Cotic can climb apparently and steel is real. Usually I wouldn't look at a Alu' HT but the Paradox is very well thought of. 

Any opinions? 

paradox+side.jpg

BFeMAX_49912958307.jpg

Edited by Dirt Tracker

So I need a few views.  

• Cotic BFEMax 29 with 853 down and other steel tubes for the rest but only available in December. Only found a couple of reviews but they have all raved. 

• Banshee Paradox. Alu' but is supposed to be amazing and actually makes the ride very similar to the steel without the heft of the steel. 

At first glance I would think the Banshee would be the more all rounder but the Cotic can climb apparently and steel is real. Usually I wouldn't look at a Alu' HT but the Paradox is very well thought of. 

Any opinions? 

paradox+side.jpg

BFeMAX_49912958307.jpg

I would wait for the Cotic :thumbup:

Some years ago I was advocating loudly that only real mountain bikers ride hardtails. And then I got spoiled just before my first Baviaans with a Felt Eddict. I was transformed immediately and I had to eat humble pie. I have two bikes now. The one I ride the most is a Titan 27.5 plus size HT and the only reason I ride it the most is it is with me in Tanzania where I am located for the longest periods. Its heavy, its aluminium, its strong and it handles the terrain around here very well. My favorite is the Scott Spark 710 plus sitting at home waiting for me to turn up. 

Getting the my body knackered and hammered by the HT is a good workout, but I do miss my Spark. The Spark is just such a good bike! 

So I need a few views.  

Any opinions? 

paradox+side.jpg

BFeMAX_49912958307.jpg

The Cotic would be my choice, if it rides the way it looks it will be worth the wait!!

So I need a few views.  

Any opinions? 

paradox+side.jpg

BFeMAX_49912958307.jpg