Tygerberg MTB Club Trails

JasonS

Tygerberg MTB Club  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a member of the club?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, because most of the 150km of the trails are generally speaking, smooth as tar.
  2. 2. If you answered No to Q1: If TMTB was more open to the suggestions of it's members iro the technical nature of the trails, would you consider becoming a member?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A: I am a member
  3. 3. If you answered Yes to Q1: Would you like to see more of your membership fees spent on increasing the variety of the trail network?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A: I am not a member

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...unless it's documented on Strava

in that case it better be a Sterie Stumpy to reward him for the effort vs a Coke

rideing to the corner cafe for a pie and coke does not count as a ride ........

what about coffee and banana bread?

what about coffee and banana bread?

Not into that anymore ... we now frequent New York Bagels ... you know that spot :P

Depends on how moist the banana bread is...Love a good banana bread (drool)

Boot Leggers in Harrington Str do a really good banana bread!

They get their baked goods from Ou Meul as they are sister companies.

Not into that anymore ... we now frequent New York Bagels ... you know that spot :P

Boot Leggers in Harrington Str do a really good banana bread!

They get their baked goods from Ou Meul as they are sister companies.

It's a pity Bootleggers coffee tastes like burnt socks and pigeon poo

some are better than others, but I quite like hte stuff at the Kenilworth and Kalk Bay branches. IF the KB one gets to you before it drops to 5 deg celsius, though...

That was one of the primary reasons we moved on down to New Your Bagels ... and their food is really really good too.

Glad to see this thread/poll hasn't been shut down yet and that we have made some pretty good progress regarding approaching Tygerberg about building some dreamy slow tech trails.

On a related but somewhat off topic note, I was away this weekend. Went to Sanddrif in the Cederberg and I was smart enough to take my bike along despite it having been a work "breakaway". I went up there expecting farm roads and maybe some jeep track, I actually felt like a bit of a fool rolling in there with my 160mm coil shocked bad boy. Man was I wrong! All I can say is that if you like natural trails, Sanddrif is heaven. They have some of the funnest rocky descents I have ridden in a long time. The sand on the flatter sections is difficult, but it's well worth the effort once you head down through the narrow scree filled single tracks.

Glad to see this thread/poll hasn't been shut down yet and that we have made some pretty good progress regarding approaching Tygerberg about building some dreamy slow tech trails.

On a related but somewhat off topic note, I was away this weekend. Went to Sanddrif in the Cederberg and I was smart enough to take my bike along despite it having been a work "breakaway". I went up there expecting farm roads and maybe some jeep track, I actually felt like a bit of a fool rolling in there with my 160mm coil shocked bad boy. Man was I wrong! All I can say is that if you like natural trails, Sanddrif is heaven. They have some of the funnest rocky descents I have ridden in a long time. The sand on the flatter sections is difficult, but it's well worth the effort once you head down through the narrow scree filled single tracks.

Yep,  been there rode them, crossed that river before they put a bridge over...sketchy.

But yeah they are natural, fun, non bermed and awesome IMO. Wouldn't necessarily go JUST to ride, but definitely worth a morning adventure on a climbing or chilling trip :)

Yep,  been there rode them, crossed that river before they put a bridge over...sketchy.

But yeah they are natural, fun, non bermed and awesome IMO. Wouldn't necessarily go JUST to ride, but definitely worth a morning adventure on a climbing or chilling trip :)

Absolutely. Not too much to choose from, but still very lekker.