Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude. I see you are in Ireland.

Look- I am not responsible for war, colonialism, apartheid, migration, tribalism. etc.

I am only responsible for myself to feed and clothe myself and then once I have done that to help those around me family n friends and then my community.

I pay taxes to the corrupt buffoons in the SA ANC govt and they choose time and again to waste our taxes and steal and loot and not help those who need help. Proven time and again. I am not responsible for this- okay? so get off your high horse and if you want to help "poor black people in townships in SA" then come here and help them!

i responsibly pay my taxes and I do help people I know and I do give charity in my community financially and in other ways. That is all I can do. My taxes to the govt are my way of helping the people you linked me to - if their own Govt chooses not to help them then it is not my problem - that is where you come in, c'mon come volunteer from Ireland and go help - go for it!

And the people you linked me to- still vote for this Govt every time! That is where my caring stops.

I'm glad you care so much and when you're in GP helping the poor you care for so much, we can have a beer.

Until then do not put me on a guilt trip as I have nothing to feel guilty about.

To add- I can tell you to read up on-

Govt corruption

Poor whites

White squatter camps- where the black Govt does not help poor whites

And there's a lot more.

Cheers.

Didn't intend to come across insensitive..I understand your frustrations. Patch very truly pointed out that it's not possible for us outside SA to even remotely understand what the dynamic is there. Also understand that were are as anxious sitting from afar when we have an elderly parent still in South Africa.

I think it's time to shut this thread down.... The comments keep going back and forward and nothing is going to change.

I personally think that everybody should do what they think is right for them and just accept the consequences if anything happens. Very simple you are never going to enforce or instill a law if you don't have the buy-in from the community.

Like many have said in earlier posts, most sporting events are either postponed or cancelled so see this as the perfect opportunity to take a break and recharge. This lockdown will not last forever.

Just remember to tell everyone about it, even your neighbours

They don't need to be told, I hear them dropping those weights every.single.day.

Weird lot, crossfitters... everybody else can put the weights down slowly, but they seem intent to give it as much airtime as possible, releasing it from overhead. You know, you might actually get some fitness benefit by controlling the descent.. but no... "my Grace time will take a knock if I do that".

Then again, those neighbours will outlive the other neighbour who needs to waddle like a penguin to get to the car... so a little bit of weirdness is probably tolerable for the greater good.

PS. Sorry for thinking out loud.

I think it's time to shut this thread down.... The comments keep going back and forward and nothing is going to change.

I personally think that everybody should do what they think is right for them and just accept the consequences if anything happens. Very simple you are never going to enforce or instill a law if you don't have the buy-in from the community.

Like many have said in earlier posts, most sporting events are either postponed or cancelled so see this as the perfect opportunity to take a break and recharge. This lockdown will not last forever.

Feel free to ignore this thread then? No need to lock it down for others.

It remains relevant, and will be relevant still when the lockdown ends. 

It remains relevant, and will be relevant still when the lockdown ends. 

sorry for my ignorance as i don't post a lot but why is it relevant?  :whistling:

sorry for my ignorance as i don't post a lot but why is it relevant?  :whistling:

Because.... just because

Hubbers need a place to vent.

Hubber need to exchange ideas even if some are poo.

peeps are moving from over 200 social interactions per day to  4 or 5 or maybe even just themselves Yes singles, we feel your loneliness 

I'll bet dating sites are going to super subscribed by Wednesday.

special time calls for special dispensations