If you have 60K for an enduro bike?

Stephen_TM

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you looking for something to shred on the downhill and be able to climb back up the trails - https://www.canyon.com/en-za/spectral-cf-8.0/50005443.html

Would cost around R6100 including shipping and taxes

Or if you leaning more towards shuttle days - https://www.canyon.com/en-za/torque-cf-7.0/50005542.html

Would cost around R59000

While Canyon bikes are nice, one should read the Usage requirements. This goes for all brands as the usage would determine whether warranties are covered.

Other choices would be Nukeproof, Cotic if you want steel frame, maybe even a SHAN No.5

Meezo riding a Silverback and the bike looks good down a trail.

The man himself seems to enjoy sending himself down the trail...

You clearly have no idea of prices and you can’t get the new Enduro in SA.

Or the fact that a top fuel is actually a XC bike, that’s can hold its own on the trail, but definitely not an enduro bike.

Or the fact that a top fuel is actually a XC bike, that’s can hold its own on the trail, but definitely not an enduro bike.

Where did I ever suggest a top fuel... I may not be up to date on prices but I know the difference between an enduro and a XC bike

Edited by Jay_B

The man himself seems to enjoy sending himself down the trail...

????????????

Nothing else to add

TBH...Probably a Transition Sentinel, considering they are on sale ATM....

https://www.transitionbikes.co.za/collections/sentinel

GX complete build for R67k and NX complete build for R48k...

And they are special bikes that's for sure.

Not that Transition markets any of their bikes as race bikes (except the  DH bike), they're all just trail bikes. Not #enduro...#enduro can eat a bag of dicks.

Edited by Thermophage

TBH...Probably a Transition Sentinel, considering they are on sale ATM....

https://www.transitionbikes.co.za/collections/sentinel

GX complete build for R67k and NX complete build for R48k...

And they are special bikes that's for sure.

Not that Transition markets any of their bikes as race bikes (except the DH bike), they're all just trail bikes. Not #enduro...#enduro can eat a bag of dicks.

Although their bikes are probably some of the fastest bikes out there. I don't see myself buying anything else in the near future.

Very excited to see what they do when they update the Smuggler. If it's anything like what they did with the Scout that will be my next bike.

Although their bikes are probably some of the fastest bikes out there. I don't see myself buying anything else in the near future.

Very excited to see what they do when they update the Smuggler. If it's anything like what they did with the Scout that will be my next bike.

I'm waiting too see that as well. the V1 Smuggler got all the love (and was one of my fav' bikes ever) the latest one appeared to be a bit more 'meh' in reviews and was often accompanied by phrases like 'sturdy', 'built to last' but had none of the voom and excitement of the previous one. I love my Ripmo but really miss the feeling of the shorter travel, down focused, 29'rs like my Smuggler and my following.   Have been thinking about the new Kona Processes.

Would love a 29'r scout tho! 

Good Day 

Thank you for all for the response.This will be my first  mtb purchase as the bike I have now i got for free.

My problem at this time is at any bike will be a massive upgrade its just pulling a trigger on a specific one.I was just curious to see what  fellow hubbers thoughs where.

Top of my list is Ripmo Af with coil that is 60k,but also open to used bikes as 60k is the max I can spend less is always better   I will take a good used bike any day.

Good Day 

Thank you for all for the response.This will be my first  mtb purchase as the bike I have now i got for free.

My problem at this time is at any bike will be a massive upgrade its just pulling a trigger on a specific one.I was just curious to see what  fellow hubbers thoughs where.

Top of my list is Ripmo Af with coil that is 60k,but also open to used bikes as 60k is the max I can spend less is always better   I will take a good used bike any day.

The Ripmo AF would be an excellent choice, in my opinion. If you've not watched the reviews, they may sway you a bit more towards buying it.