CWC Lockdown SALE!

CWC Online

Fond when did they receive it? Wonder if they may send my bike out

Saw on FB this morning that both Cycle Lab and CWC are able to trade:

To our valued customer and the cycling community at large, we are excited to announce that Cycle Lab is open, albeit under tight level 4 restrictions. While this does not mean that full trade can resume, it does mean that we have a selection of product we can sell and we can also deliver some much needed essential services. We’ve missed all of you terribly, so come on down and say hello face mask to face mask.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all a bit vague at the moment. Just saying that orders needs to be in line with Government Level 4 restrictions (at we all know how clear that is!!). They also can't split your order.

Awesome my bike can ship... Yeah baby

CWC shipping bikes ?

That's awesome

I assume that its directly to you and not to the shop for set-up and collection ?

I have a bike on order and the shop is waiting for distributor to spring into action - nothing can happen until the flag drops they say.

It doesn't help that the shop is operating 'by appointment only' and 'for emergency repairs and spares only'.

Very frustrating!

at this stage an argument could be made for bike parts being essential services (medical)  My mental health is taking a beating

I need that IDT I ordered for 2am to 4am when I lie in bed worrying

Just hope I get my kicker core and not Laurie's 26er tubes

im hoping to get Mariette's Spark RC instead of my lame Look pedals  :whistling:

Okayyyyyyy .....

Been an interesting afternoon, and I can now confirm everything is clear as MUD !!

Went to Mr Price Sport  - I need two exercise items for my rehad ....  Mr PRice Sport is now a CLOTHING shop !!!  The only sporting section not cordoned off is the bit with the last few boxing gloves.  ALL the other sporting goods have been cordoned off !!

So I walk over to SportsmansWarehouse ....

Clothing - YES

Watches, etc - YES

Cycling - BIG YES !! Even assembling a Titan for a client while he waits.  Bike sales, parts sales, the lot !!!  Even have a Kikr Climber, Wind and table in stock - all ready to be paid and taken out the door ... (sorry - NO stock of trainers)

Weights, gym equipment, etc - section is open for sales, but shelves are mostly empty .... 

ALL other sporting goods, ie tennis, rugby, fishing, etc etc - CLOSED OFF !!

GAME .... nope, the complete sporting section cordoned off !!!  even their cycling section is CLOSED.

Popped down to CWC .... doors are open, half the clothing is taped off .....

by now I am confused beyond belief .... 

And so I drive up the road to another bike shop.  Yes they are open for business .... but may not sell bikes ..... HUH ?!?  YES, you can order, pre-pay, even try and arrange for a courier ... but they may not let you take the bike out the door ....  (I did NOT ask CWC if they are allowed to sell bikes)  I did buy some spare parts from this shop.  Obviously I spoke to the gent about the weird discrepancies .... he indicated that there is "severe unhappiness" in their industry about why some are allowed some sales and others not ....

Can only wonder how this will end ....  does SportmansWarehouse have some special licensing agreement, or are they taking one fat chance ??  Then again, 60% of their store is taped off ...

Either way, if you need a spare tube ... go get it before Karen has SportsmansWarehouse locked down ...  then again, rather support your LBS, as it appears he MAY sell you that spare tube.

Okayyyyyyy .....

Been an interesting afternoon, and I can now confirm everything is clear as MUD !!

Went to Mr Price Sport  - I need two exercise items for my rehad ....  Mr PRice Sport is now a CLOTHING shop !!!  The only sporting section not cordoned off is the bit with the last few boxing gloves.  ALL the other sporting goods have been cordoned off !!

Clothing - YES

Watches, etc - YES

Cycling - BIG YES !! Even assembling a Titan for a client while he waits.  Bike sales, parts sales, the lot !!!  Even have a Kikr Climber, Wind and table in stock - all ready to be paid and taken out the door ... (sorry - NO stock of trainers)

Weights, gym equipment, etc - section is open for sales, but shelves are mostly empty .... 

GAME .... nope, the complete sporting section cordoned off !!!  even their cycling section is CLOSED.

And so I drive up the road to another bike shop.  Yes they are open for business .... but may not sell bikes ..... HUH ?!?  YES, you can order, pre-pay, even try and arrange for a courier ... but they may not let you take the bike out the door ....  (I did NOT ask CWC if they are allowed to sell bikes)  I did buy some spare parts from this shop.  Obviously I spoke to the gent about the weird discrepancies .... he indicated that there is "severe unhappiness" in their industry about why some are allowed some sales and others not ....

Can only wonder how this will end ....  does SportmansWarehouse have some special licensing agreement, or are they taking one fat chance ??  Then again, 60% of their store is taped off ...

Either way, if you need a spare tube ... go get it before Karen has SportsmansWarehouse locked down ...  then again, rather support your LBS, as it appears he MAY sell you that spare tube.

mmh need some rim tape I might go check at my local sportsman tomorrow (or I'll tube it...)

what did you buy at CWC? I wonder if I could pick up my stages powermeter & bibshorts I ordered online if I buy winter stuff as well, probably not

so wait wait wait.....

We may only engage in essential travel which is work or medical emergency related.

We can also drive around looking for a bike shop to buy spares for my essential bike..

But I can't buy a bike, I can only buy parts.....

So If a buy a front wheel, fork, frame, headset, stem, handlebar and tape, seat post , saddl, rear wheel,cassette, chain, crank, tyres, sealant, pedals and a bell I'm ok but I can't buy a bike..... :whistling:  :eek: i

I can also buy the shoes, and winter clothing associated with the exercise related activity...

You bike shop owners can thank me later.

I'm in the market for a new road bike (frame) and maybe some other essential parts

Okayyyyyyy .....

Clothing - YES

Watches, etc - YES

And that's how a virus is spread

mmh need some rim tape I might go check at my local sportsman tomorrow (or I'll tube it...)

what did you buy at CWC? I wonder if I could pick up my stages powermeter & bibshorts I ordered online if I buy winter stuff as well, probably not

I only stopped at CWC as I was driving past them on the way to my LBS ...

was curious to see what they were selling ... and what was taped of. Purely because of the obvious "confusion/differences" between the different stores ...

And that's how a virus is spread

Interesting statement ....

Mr Price Sports - your hands gets dis.infected when you go in ... probably 5 clients in the store. The biggest danger was the gent standing near the entrance, mask off, talking on his cell phone .... I stopped some 10m from him, and waited until he moved away ... as the exercise items were cordoned off I did not touch a single item in store

SportsmansWarehouse ... I spoke to the staff to check availability, keeping a 2m distance. I did touch a few potential items ... sterilized my hands entering and leaving the store.

Game ... parking booms auto open, no need to touch any surface. In Game I saw the taped off section and left. ... narrow isles made it impossible to always keep a proper safe distance ...

CWC ... I walked in some 20m, saw the layout, saw the tape at various clothing racks ... staff at the tills about 10m away. I left without touching anything, never came close to anybody in the store.

At my LBS I kept a safe distance while he wad busy with another client. Only then approached and did my business. The high risk part being when we looked at the spare parts on the shelves ... not practical to maintain a safe distance. We both wore masks, and I wore gloves

I was wearing my mask all the time. After SportsmansWarehouse I wore my gloves when entering stores and touching items.

So in my humble opinion, I am at much higher risk at my local Spar where the staff dont wear their masks properly ... where it is often not possible to maintain a safe distance from other shoppers, especially the mutants that require a mask around their throats ....

Should add, when I have to go to the cafe I check out the parking area first ... I dont go in if it is busy !! I most often drive 4km to the Spar in the commercial district ... never more than 10 clients in this store outside of office hours

Looking at some shoppers .... not wearing masks correctly .... touching things, then their faces ... lack of social distancing .... it can get dangerous out there !!!

Edited by ChrisF

so wait wait wait.....

We may only engage in essential travel which is work or medical emergency related.

We can also drive around looking for a bike shop to buy spares for my essential bike..

But I can't buy a bike, I can only buy parts.....

So If a buy a front wheel, fork, frame, headset, stem, handlebar and tape, seat post , saddl, rear wheel,cassette, chain, crank, tyres, sealant, pedals and a bell I'm ok but I can't buy a bike..... :whistling: :eek: i

I can also buy the shoes, and winter clothing associated with the exercise related activity...

You bike shop owners can thank me later.

I'm in the market for a new road bike (frame) and maybe some other essential parts

Jip .... I was wondering about this as well.

I need a file full of certificates to visit work sites .... but I can drive to a sports.store ....

With the current number of feet through the door these shops cant pay salaries never mind the rent ....

At best it is an opportunity to get used to the new normal ... sterilising hands, safe distances, masks .... and frankly, people have not mastered this yet !!

Interesting statement ....

Mr Price Sports - your hands gets dis.infected when you go in ... probably 5 clients in the store. The biggest danger was the gent standing near the entrance, mask off, talking on his cell phone .... I stopped some 10m from him, and waited until he moved away ... as the exercise items were cordoned off I did not touch a single item in store

SportsmansWarehouse ... I spoke to the staff to check availability, keeping a 2m distance. I did touch a few potential items ... sterilized my hands entering and leaving the store.

Game ... parking booms auto open, no need to touch any surface. In Game I saw the taped off section and left. ... narrow isles made it impossible to always keep a proper safe distance ...

CWC ... I walked in some 20m, saw the layout, saw the tape at various clothing racks ... staff at the tills about 10m away. I left without touching anything, never came close to anybody in the store.

At my LBS I kept a safe distance while he wad busy with another client. Only then approached and did my business. The high risk part being when we looked at the spare parts on the shelves ... not practical to maintain a safe distance. We both wore masks, and I wore gloves

I was wearing my mask all the time. After SportsmansWarehouse I wore my gloves when entering stores and touching items.

So in my humble opinion, I am at much higher risk at my local Spar where the staff dont wear their masks properly ... where it is often not possible to maintain a safe distance from other shoppers, especially the mutants that require a mask around their throats ....

Should add, when I have to go to the cafe I check out the parking area first ... I dont go in if it is busy !! I most often drive 4km to the Spar in the commercial district ... never more than 10 clients in this store outside of office hours

Looking at some shoppers .... not wearing masks correctly .... touching things, then their faces ... lack of social distancing .... it can get dangerous out there !!!

The fact that you drove to all those different locations is irresponsible.

If you think by not touching anything you are safe then you are highly mistaken. Also, no mask is going to prevent you from contracting the virus.

I hope that you get undressed and remove your shoes before entering your home.

Stay at home.

The fact that you drove to all those different locations is irresponsible.

If you think by not touching anything you are safe then you are highly mistaken. Also, no mask is going to prevent you from contracting the virus.

I hope that you get undressed and remove your shoes before entering your home.

Stay at home.

How long do you want people to stay at home? You realise the lockdown is to prepare the the hospitals for the inevitable. The majority of us are going to contract the virus until a vax is found so we are in lockdown until medical facilities are ready and in the meantime the spread is being reduced. However at some point we are going to L2/L1 and then infections will skyrocket. 

It is not IF, but rather WHEN.