What's your member number?

Shebeen

Prior to theHub the primary Forum was the Supercycling forum which was hosted/moderated by Cyclelab. But there were some very heated debates especially in the days with the rivalry between Winningtime and champion chip and various other politics and quite often Cyclelab was also involved with the politics and members often got gagged.  So somewhere between these fights theBikehub came into being (Mat can give more info on this) and there was pretty much a mass exodus from Supercycling to bikeHub and after that Supercycling was pretty dead as far as I can remember.

That forum was toxic.I remember a Lonestar

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely forgot about that name until you mentioned it now.  Agree, that was a very toxic forum.

Lonestar  = member12!

waiting 16 years for his first post now

• 3 months later...

There have been some notable moments over the years

Some of my memories are a bit vague, but these characters and incidents are floating around my head:

BigH was always entertaining (not always in a good way). His dislike of Campagnolo was  :blink: 

There was a mechanic & wheel builder who also often caused a stir - moved overseas and closed his account here.

I remember a cycling club (Edit: TCS) in Joberg that got a whole lot of stick about something and a whole lot of people left The Hub. I cant remember what it was about.

There was a divorce that got a bit messy and public. She has moved on and lives in Monaco now.

Evan's legend lives on - how did he get famous? He sent used instead of new tyres or something.

I used to enjoy winding up BigH by making fun of the Blue Bullz and their Tjeerleederz - used to drive him wild to the point he was sending me messages late at night telling me I am not right etc.etc.

• 10 months later...

Joined 5 May 2014.

Joined to sell something, never managed to sell it. Moved over to the forums and never looked back to the classifieds. Only time I go into the classifieds now is via links on the petition thread.

Despite the changes, still enjoy the forums as non of the topics I frequent have been dumped.