Vye Cycling

Chris_

just be aware that you too will have the suspended from the shoulders feeling in the medium.

I'm 9cm shorter so the Medium bib straps are very loose over my shoulders so should be snug for you. I have plenty of room around the waist in the medium. 

Looking at getting some of their trail shorts and I see I am pretty close to your sizing

Height : 172cm

Weight : 68kg

Waist : 76cm

So I'm thinking a small?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at getting some of their trail shorts and I see I am pretty close to your sizing

Height : 172cm

Weight : 68kg

Waist : 76cm

So I'm thinking a small?

Yeha I'm thinking you're right .

Just received a shirt and undershirt from Vye. 

The size small shirt fits to size.

The size large undershirt looks like a crop-top, not quite sure about the sizing here but its way off. 

My wife ordered a bib from them: arrived and it's hopelessly asymmetrical (as in cut skew). Still comfortable and usable ... but wondering where QC was on that day.  :blink:

My wife ordered a bib from them: arrived and it's hopelessly asymmetrical (as in cut skew). Still comfortable and usable ... but wondering where QC was on that day.  :blink:

contact them, I'm sure they will happily exchange it

Guys that have made custom kit with Vye before... how long do you usually wait to get a first design proposal from them from the date you made payment? And then how long does it take to actually get the kit when you approve a design?

I know it has been DC kit madness and everything the last couple of weeks, but we've not received any ideas or designs from them in 6 weeks from payment for our Trans Baviaans kit..

Most companies closes shop in 3-4 weeks, then only back for 1 week in January, then it's Trans Baviaans. I'm starting to get a bit worried that the kit is not going to be ready in time.

Guys that have made custom kit with Vye before... how long do you usually wait to get a first design proposal from them from the date you made payment? And then how long does it take to actually get the kit when you approve a design?

I know it has been DC kit madness and everything the last couple of weeks, but we've not received any ideas or designs from them in 6 weeks from payment for our Trans Baviaans kit..

Most companies closes shop in 3-4 weeks, then only back for 1 week in January, then it's Trans Baviaans. I'm starting to get a bit worried that the kit is not going to be ready in time.

I'm pretty sure they will get it out asap... Call them. 

Bjorn will go out of his way to make sure you get better service. I know they made some stuff for us in 6 days from conception to finished products before World Champs AR in 2018.

Turn around for me is usually 6 weeks from design sign off to delivery. Usually less.

DC kit madness might be at play. They will schedule production for an agreed delivery date

• 1 month later...

Some feedback after a few months of use.

They are my go to bibs for rides 60km or less, so they get used a few times a week.

After a ride I climb in the shower with them and give them a wash, hanging them on the towel rail to dry for the next ride.

Once a week they go into the washing machine for a cold wash.

The only issue I’ve started picking up is the silicone beads on the end of the legs is rubbing off. If I run my fingers over that section I get tiny white beads stuck to my fingers.

They are not as comfy as the Ciovita’s on longer rides, but way way comfier than anything else I own.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the info in this thread! It helped me to make up my mind. 

I ordered a vye bibshort today - looking forward to use it.

Some feedback after a few months of use.

They are my go to bibs for rides 60km or less, so they get used a few times a week.

After a ride I climb in the shower with them and give them a wash, hanging them on the towel rail to dry for the next ride.

Once a week they go into the washing machine for a cold wash.

The only issue I’ve started picking up is the silicone beads on the end of the legs is rubbing off. If I run my fingers over that section I get tiny white beads stuck to my fingers.

They are not as comfy as the Ciovita’s on longer rides, but way way comfier than anything else I own.

so there is now no silicone left on the legs of the bibs, but the elastic is wide enough and tight enough that its not needed, legs stay firmly in place whist out on a ride.

• 2 weeks later...

How does everyone still feel about their bibs? 

I'm looking at the Mirage to replace the dismal failure that is Fox. 

Size chart suggests XL for my 1.79m/105kg frame with 108cm around the wide part of the buttocks and 65cm thigh.

How does everyone still feel about their bibs? 

I'm looking at the Mirage to replace the dismal failure that is Fox. 

Size chart suggests XL for my 1.79m/105kg frame with 108cm around the wide part of the buttocks and 65cm thigh.

I've got the mirage bibs, see my comments further up.

They are still my go to bibs fur sub 2 hour rides, still sit firmly on the legs despite the silicone having come off.

I know when I bought they were working on getting their sizing right, dont know if that has happened, but back then you needed to go one size up.

They do stretch a little with time and mine dont feel as over tight as they used to (I might have shrunk a bit too).

I've got the mirage bibs, see my comments further up.

They are still my go to bibs fur sub 2 hour rides, still sit firmly on the legs despite the silicone having come off.

I know when I bought they were working on getting their sizing right, dont know if that has happened, but back then you needed to go one size up.

They do stretch a little with time and mine dont feel as over tight as they used to (I might have shrunk a bit too).

I read your feedback. Thanks. 

We normally sit for 2 to 3 hours though. Is the Velo maybe a better choice? Worried about the part where they say "The Velo bib is best suited for those who run an aggressive setup on the bike, with a specific pad placement that will help you hunt your goals and not have to worry about your backside."