RUNNER missing @ Tafelberg road

benpienaar

Terrible news.. Mountains and mist are the worst combination. Indian venster is classified as difficult in hiking terms

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

condolences to the family

When cycling remote I cycle with a findmespot device which one can activate a SOS call via Satellite

Hmm. I am a runner and I run with the bare minimum. No cellphone or wallet only my keys if I need. Worried about being attacked.

Hmm. I am a runner and I run with the bare minimum. No cellphone or wallet only my keys if I need. Worried about being attacked.

I guess you have to weigh the risk and then do what your comfortable with 

nokia_105.png

Nokia 105: R299.

At least you get them off your back, and not need to lead them to your car.

But if you are stuck for any other reason, you have a means.

Edited by Capricorn

nokia_105.png

R299.

At least you get them off your back, and not need to lead them to your car.

I've actually been contemplating something like this for commuting. Tuck my smartphone in somehwere on the body where its hard to find and have a cheapy in the back pocket to handover in the event

My sister bought a very small little phone to take with when running

I've actually been contemplating something like this for commuting. Tuck my smartphone in somehwere on the body where its hard to find and have a cheapy in the back pocket to handover in the event

My sister bought a very small little phone to take with when running

Also looking for something like this for cycling but I'd want Whatsapp and location sharing ...doesn;t look like the nokia has those

Terrible news.. Mountains and mist are the worst combination. Indian venster is classified as difficult in hiking terms

India Venster is hardly a trail run.I suppose up Platteklip across and down India Venster to the Cable Station.But he must have been up higher to end up on the Ledge.No disrespect meant.Maybe I have it all wrong

Has anybody got any more news?

Ken's body was recovered on Africa ledge near India Venster.

The family had a private cremation on Friday and there will be a memorial for him on his birthday next year in Feb.

The family is working through it's loss and appreciates all the well wishes. 

Ken's body was recovered on Africa ledge near India Venster.

The family had a private cremation on Friday and there will be a memorial for him on his birthday next year in Feb.

The family is working through it's loss and appreciates all the well wishes. 

Thanks for the update