Buyer Beware - ASG "Specials" False Stock Levels

PygaSchmyga

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they represent a number of known and popular brands - what choice do you have?

So many other well know and popular brands out there to choose from that will supply you with better product and service.

more amazing how people still use ASG

:unsure:

Because Pinarello/Willier/Sidi/Rudy Project.

ergo ego

they represent a number of known and popular brands - what choice do you have?

Don't buy those brands. Simple.

Pal of mine was in the market for a MTB last year. He was looking at the Ellsworth. Told him to steer clear. firstly Ellsworth is not what and who they used to be. and secondly ASG.

They tried to convince him that a medium  would fit. After a long and convoluted run around he was still prepared to buy the bike so I washed my hands off of it.

He settled on something else. 

His road bike is a Willier that he got from them so they're sen as the purveyors of high end bling

lots of alternative choices :P

Can't argue with that.

Little "must have" products in my opinion.

But the lure of "a special" is sometimes hard to ignore. (but be willing to accept the associated consequences LOL)

And some product loyal people will find it hard to change ... Sidi wearers come to mind.

Edited by Thomo

This thread reminds ons of the often recurring thread about a national shop with a large outlet in Bellville ...

Each and every "sale" the following pops up:

- some sale prices are higher than the day before

- some items are out of stock ...

- people simply keep coming back for more at the lure of a good price ....

As long as "we" are bargain hunters these shops can carry on as usual ...

There are better online stores, better service, but without the bulk buying power they cant compete with these specials .... and thus the big ones keep on drawing the crowds with "specials" ....

and in a month or two it will all repeat again, and again, and again ...

I agree. They pushed their specials during lockdown. But everything you tried to buy was out of stock. So what is the point advertising a special.

Every shoe they advertise has only 1 or 2 sizes available.

Then when I settled on some High 5, it took 3 weeks to deliver. I must admit I never checked expiry dates.

There have been complaints against ASG for years on this issue

It seems as if they can't sort themselves out.

Fixed it. Almost every cycle-loving spender I know has had some sort of not-great experience with ASG. It's beyond me how they still exist.

Edited by Karooryder

Fixed it. Almost every cycle-loving spender I know have had some sort of not-great experience with ASG. It's beyond me how they still exist.

Not me, I haven't.  I have not yet tested their service and I don't intend too.

the posts in this thread really amaze me as to how online businesses in SA just don't seem to get it, and never even try to improve. ASG has been around long enough to have no excuse, and yet here they are dishing $#it sandwiches day in and day out. Do they have no pride in their business, or do they really just not care?

Its like onedayonly as well - they must have the absolute worst customer service record judging by the litany of abuse they get on the social medias. They have also been around for long enough to know where they suck, but hey, you be getting a "bargain" so shut up and eat another poop sandich!

They don't need to change.. Because even you've admitted to shopping from them despite having bad service before.... Simple.. Stop shopping there and they will go away

I’ve purchased a pair of Sidi road shoes and replacement lenses for my Rudy’s. Both times I received my order within the same week I ordered. I can’t complain, but will steer clear based on perception, rather than experience.

I will never buy Sidi again... not because of ASG, but because they are a narrow fit, and my feet like the wider fit. I get a lot of flack on my club rides for my 2007 pair of Shimano shoes... tatty, but comfortable.

I’ve purchased a pair of Sidi road shoes and replacement lenses for my Rudy’s. Both times I received my order within the same week I ordered. I can’t complain, but will steer clear based on perception, rather than experience.

I will never buy Sidi again... not because of ASG, but because they are a narrow fit, and my feet like the wider fit. I get a lot of flack on my club rides for my 2007 pair of Shimano shoes... tatty, but comfortable.

Spez has some nice wide shoes ....

Spez has some nice wide shoes ....

I once had a pair of Spez MTB shoes, that is until an informal building contractor decided it would look better on his feet, compared to mine. My fault for leaving them in the garage. I can’t even remember what they looked like, but were also well suited to my feet.