Buyer Beware - ASG "Specials" False Stock Levels

PygaSchmyga

Not standing up for them, but I did see in all the marketing material that was maild to me regarding consumables, there was an indication that these items were close to or expired etc.

That is what I thought I saw at some point too ...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not standing up for them, but I did see in all the marketing material that was maild to me regarding consumables, there was an indication that these items were close to or expired etc. No harm no foul, as I have yet to see a cycling supplement that is affected by ageing if the packaging is seald. Same thing with medecines, there are expiry dates, because there have to be, but they are not really an issue.

So the efficacy is still the same, maar nou ja.

I have Gu's and fast fule bards that are more than a year past expiry in my cupboard that I still use and have never come to any harm.

No where did it say that the stock was close to expiring. I have seen them say that before on other products though. The expiry dates had clearly been removed, so they were trying to deceive the consumer. They said that it was stock from their past events, but even the product that is used at events has an expiry date. The “safeness” of using expired stock is not the issue here. Selling a product from High5 without an expiry date that has deliberately been removed Is the issue.

Edited by GregoT

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback – we’ve learned in life to take the bad with the good.

It’s true that our business (ASG Group) has been severely impacted by Covid-19.  ASG Events (separate company) that hosted 9 different events (Tour of Good Hope, Jock, etc) have been completely closed down and all staff retrenched, we’ve had to close 2 of our 4 stores and many staff members lost their jobs.  More than that managing stock levels and suppliers (mostly from Italy) has been challenging to say the least.  We’re not alone in this.

Despite the above, I can say with confidence that we have manage to fulfil 95%+ of our online orders successfully and where we couldn’t we made acceptable alternate arrangements or provided refunds.

My name is Johan Rossouw and I am the new General Manager for ASG South Africa – I would love to get your specific feedback (it’s hard to deal with general comments without knowing the specifics) – feel free to mail me at Johan@asgsport.co.za

Our customer care liaison is Rochelle van Rensburg – your are most welcome to mail her as well: customercare@asgthestore.co.za

I will undertake to feedback to this forum/thread once we’ve dealt with some of the specific issues.

As always thanks to all our loyal and devoted customers for your support –  we have some of the World’s best brands and we assure you our passionate team at ASG will continue to do our best for all our clients.

Thanks Johan for your support. Nothing is too much trouble, as you always go out of your way for your customers.

Kudos to Johan for acknowledging potential issues and availing himself to resolve them.

Hopefully a step in the right direction.

Complain to the choice brand directly? If they get enough complaints they will drop them as a supplier

I’ll admit i’ve done this before as a last resort and it worked great...and not just cycling related stuff.

Some brands take poor representation really seriously and wont hesitate to rap some knuckles If they feel they are being misrepresented.

I'm trying to think of a instance where a company responded to a bikehub post and it ended good for them

Can't seem to think of one

Buycycle/iKhambi/Wahoo has a good presence here and most guys appreciate their direct feedback and involvement

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback – we’ve learned in life to take the bad with the good.

It’s true that our business (ASG Group) has been severely impacted by Covid-19.  ASG Events (separate company) that hosted 9 different events (Tour of Good Hope, Jock, etc) have been completely closed down and all staff retrenched, we’ve had to close 2 of our 4 stores and many staff members lost their jobs.  More than that managing stock levels and suppliers (mostly from Italy) has been challenging to say the least.  We’re not alone in this.

Despite the above, I can say with confidence that we have manage to fulfil 95%+ of our online orders successfully and where we couldn’t we made acceptable alternate arrangements or provided refunds.

My name is Johan Rossouw and I am the new General Manager for ASG South Africa – I would love to get your specific feedback (it’s hard to deal with general comments without knowing the specifics) – feel free to mail me at Johan@asgsport.co.za

Our customer care liaison is Rochelle van Rensburg – your are most welcome to mail her as well: customercare@asgthestore.co.za

I will undertake to feedback to this forum/thread once we’ve dealt with some of the specific issues.

As always thanks to all our loyal and devoted customers for your support –  we have some of the World’s best brands and we assure you our passionate team at ASG will continue to do our best for all our clients.

my suggestion to the new gm would be to change the name.

uh mean 

ASSSS G

79721473-cartoon-horse-riding-bicycle.jp

the only thing worse is  Ass sore, dunno how that ever got to the JSE

I'm trying to think of a instance where a company responded to a bikehub post and it ended good for them

Can't seem to think of one

That’s not usually down to them though. That is usually down to the sharks sniffing blood in the water.

You do understand how it could impact a business’ ability to function correctly though? If it didn’t, why are so many businesses closing down?

Right, false advertising because Covid19.

Right, false advertising because Covid19.

You didn’t say false advertising, you said bad service. Now that is clarified, I agree COVID is not an excuse for blatant false advertising.

What false advertising? That’s a pretty strong accusation, so if you have specific examples that they intentionally did this, the ASA should be notified.

Edited by Patchelicious

That’s not usually down to them though. That is usually down to the sharks sniffing blood in the water.

Yep - that is maybe more a reflection of the level of maturity of us hubbers than on the companies making the effort to post on here.