Table Mountain / Tokai Group Permit Resource

Dirt Tracker

Don't know if this is such a great idea - knowing SanParks they may not like this and make some changes.

Best to sort of keep it low key - always managed to get enough guys just in general threads.

I've been looking for a bit but no luck hence the thread. If they don't know it's happening then I'd be surprised as last time I got a group we all pitched up and there was a brit, a guy from holland, a jewish guy compete with yamaka and a black french man (sure there is a joke in that). No one asked if we were family and the names / ids / passports etc bared no relation to each other. I looked through the multi user permit Q&As and there nothing about it being soloed for family or related people. Just that it was a multi user scheme and they talk about 'members' only, no other specifics. 

But I guess you're right. Maybe an advert would work better as you can delete. 

Edited by Dirt Tracker

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking for a bit but no luck hence the thread. If they don't know it's happening then I'd be surprised as last time I got a group we all pitched up and there was a brit, a guy from holland, a jewish guy compete with yamaka and a black french man (sure there is a joke in that). No one asked if we were family and the names / ids / passports etc bared no relation to each other. I looked through the multi user permit Q&As and there nothing about it being soloed for family or related people. Just that it was a multi user scheme and they talk about 'members' only, no other specifics. 

But I guess you're right. Maybe an advert would work better as you can delete. 

Same... I bought 7 different permits for 7 different surnames (4 and 3 group deals) last year and not an eyebrow was raised.

I think it's a deal which they are happy to use to create revenue.

All forms have to be signed by the individuals with ID providedalong with the pictures. They are pretty rude/Sticky about that.

Last time I did it I signed for everybody but, as with most things, different day different rules...

A copy of ID is also normally good enough.

If you are already on the system, you only need 1 photo.

Also don't believe a copy of the ID's are required either, I stand to be corrected though.

Unfortunately didn't work in our case, we did try

Just got my cards down at Tokai. As always it was efficient and easy. A lot of disinfecting going on and were in and out quick, quick. No questions asked, as per the 'group' and to be honest it's not a stipulation.  

Just got my cards down at Tokai. As always it was efficient and easy. A lot of disinfecting going on and were in and out quick, quick. No questions asked, as per the 'group' and to be honest it's not a stipulation.  

good to hear, going later.

just note, take 2 photos along with you, 

Last year only 1 photo for the renewal was needed, fortunately I had extras with me today.

No additional photo is needed if you have the old card though.

I am still looking for 3 others...

Suggest go to uitsig bike park, and tell them you looking for group deal.

They will put you on the list for ppl wanting group deals.

Its common practise by them, or call them beforehand to check

I am still looking for 3 others...

@Andreas_187 are you still looking for more? I need one - and am based in Tokai.

@Andreas_187 are you still looking for more? I need one - and am based in Tokai.

Yes I am. I'm still waiting for my MTB to arrive so not in a mad rush but I'm ready to go as soon as we have a group of 4

Pleasure my man. Hope you enjoyed the riding on the weekend.

Was way cool man!

Did you manage to get to use your new permit yet, or work still killin you