Hypothetical dream build (mamil style)

Wayne pudding Mol

Let me start with the brakes - if you want a set of Piccolos from trickstuff, its a 6 month waiting list (I've seen it at 18) so when I was offered blue in 5 months, I took 2 sets.

Stem cap is already trickstuff and obviously I was forced to go blue

Finally, the chainring, Hope one day might get to Garbaruk level but its not there yet by a longshot - again, forced to go blue because of the brakes.  www.garbaruk.com  Think XX1 in 8 colours but lighter

I did have blue cranks but they didn't fit the Cannondale standard.

As for a dropper, baby steps, hope to get to a point where I need one

I think changing the fox decals will go a long way to sorting the array of colours and bringing balance to the force

Plus a blue derailleur cage is also on the way

Hey you do know I'm just pulling your leg :thumbup:  Just a tad Jealous because my bike is officially not nearly light or bling anymore.

Where are you getting the Fox decals made, or are you getting them from fox?

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i also think the blue and red is fine. the brakes are gonna stay blue obviously. the blue and red accents tie in with the adjusting knobs on the shock and fork imo...those are also always gonna be that colour. I think the fork can do with either a copper decal set to match the frame or if you think the copper is the colour messing it all up....a murdered out matt black one for the fork and frame.

blue/red hubs look crap imo.

also...Doesn't the new axs come in copper colour? :ph34r:

hubs are orange, look red in picture but very orange

Agreed on fork, my plan is either blacked out or copper

Cassette was bought 20 months ago and AXS didn't exist so I only got the upgrade kit - black would be better but I swear the gold chain and gold cassette have a longer shelf life

CONGRATS !!

It was a real roller coaster following the thread for weeks ....

super nice end product.  

Now the wait for the ride report(s) .... 

ENJOY !!!!!

Cassette was bought 20 months ago and AXS didn't exist so I only got the upgrade kit - black would be better but I swear the gold chain and gold cassette have a longer shelf life

no i know yours are orange...i was saying that so you dont match them up to the red and blue bling haha

edit: reading my post again i can see how it might have come across like i was saying your 'red hubs' look crap lol. but that was not the case though.

...or you could just embrace the RGB  :whistling:  now where can you get some green on there

Edited by morneS555

Yoh.... Wayne.

Truth be told, I reckon you got exactly what you wanted. Better suited to you than the Unno.

Never mind my bib shorts, my tracksuit pants and lesotho blanket are currently pitching a tent.....

And with the balance I was going to squander on the Unno, I have cajoled Rob who owns the garden route trail park to come build me a mini track where I can crash in my own garden - he’s designed a 900m loop which is fast down and then a simple but hard return to the top Edited by Waynemol

Just peel the decals off the fork and replace with nada . Stealth black fork will be so kif . Plus also a bit mysterious until you look closer 

Forgot to give credit where it's due.....

Nick the wheelbuilder built these so long ago I forgot to mention them  - he used Ainvee hubs and if the roll as nice as they sound........

Won't be testing till the weekend

Might have missed it in the thread but what wheels are these and what do they weigh?

Thanks.

Lekker looking bike. many happy miles sir

Dude great build - special spec and the bike in my opinion looks great the way it is.

Two bottle cages in the frame and 120mm worth of suspension... what more could one want??

Forgot to give credit where it's due.....

Nick the wheelbuilder built these so long ago I forgot to mention them - he used Ainvee hubs and if the roll as nice as they sound........

Won't be testing till the weekend

Can you share his contact details?