Hypothetical dream build (mamil style)

Wayne pudding Mol

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BUT, you can convert a standard Scalpel into a SE one by fitting longer shock...and matching fork. 

Ties up with this: 

"  because this brand has the prefect 120/120 design specific model although not available locally so I’m building one" 

Since the SE is not available locally

i hope so. would reward good service

I’m putting my money on the new Scalpel SE. It’s 120/120 and enough proprietary tech to force the need for different parts (think crank was mentioned a few pages back).

So after wildly swerving from brand to brand and very nearly buying a Cannondale frame because Lionel from Cannondale SA's service and help was so amazing, I have made a decision and paid up

I wish I could post completed pictures instead of TREKing down hard to come by "standard" parts

Was this dropping a hint - Trek has a proprietary BB size, so this may also be the reason for the crank not fitting. 

The 'Dale's cranks may be proprietary, but their BB's are standard 

Was this dropping a hint - Trek has a proprietary BB size, so this may also be the reason for the crank not fitting. 

The 'Dale's cranks may be proprietary, but their BB's are standard 

Trek doesnt currently make a 120mm bike. 

Top Fuel is closest at 115mm

Havent been keeping up but I was thinking....

Mach 4 is only 100mm, The Trail 429 however.... now there's a 120mm beauty...

Only an Unno is special enough but it’s not that - the reality is far more diluted than my hypothetical dream

No ways... hold onto that dream. They fuel us. I bet she is going to be special.