Hypothetical dream build (mamil style)

Wayne pudding Mol

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always used Canis front and rear but they became difficult to get - I imported 3 sets of these svelte by accident instead.

Will try that thanks

Also found my lightweight seatpost too flexy but that could be because it’s above min insert - again wasn’t concentrating when I hit the buy button or the cannondale has a lower downtube than the Pyga - this is an expensive problem

You bought a 350mm seatpost didn't you....?

Wayne, there’s a suspicious looking ad in the classifieds.

All of us following this thread feel betrayed!

Edit: No comic sans on mobile

Yes, I suspected that after not having a mountain bike for a year and not missing it one bit this might happen

I live in gravel paradise and have a bike that brings me so much joy that I just can't even bring myself to ride the Cannondale - been fooling around on my track on my hardtail and that's fun but I don't need a bike worth more than my car for that.  Mountain biking requires concentration and with gravel biking I just get lost in the beauty and my thoughts for hours

I had all the parts and at the time enjoyed the stage racing events. So I had to do the build but that machine can't just sit looking pretty - I have enough unused over capitilised roadbikes as it is.

I just had a long weekend of unreal riding and the dreambuild didn't even feature in my thoughts

Sorry bike, I'm just not into you

post-81229-0-99000100-1601278371_thumb.jpg

You bought a 350mm seatpost didn't you....?

no its 400 and that line wasn't the min insertion as it turned out - the flex I thought I was feeling is called rear suspension which I haven't experienced in so long I though my seatpost was bendy

Ek voorsien twee probleme:

Genoeg ZAR om bike te koop, bank balans lyk soos Zim se betalings balans.

Laas week vir medies gegaan, raak ook oud en lyk my 2cm in lengte verloor, geen manier 1.71m pas op large.

As ek kon, sou ek!

Dit is my droom bike.

Ek voorsien twee probleme:

Genoeg ZAR om bike te koop, bank balans lyk soos Zim se betalings balans.

Laas week vir medies gegaan, raak ook oud en lyk my 2cm in lengte verloor, geen manier 1.71m pas op large.

As ek kon, sou ek!

Dit is my droom bike.

many years ago we made these things for Americans called shoe lift - basically inserts for boots to raise your height

I'll throw in a set for you

My dad always tells me a story about a hand me down bike he got where my grandfather put blocks on the pedals......I can do this for you too

They say the chase is 80% of the fun.. :whistling:

Friend built custom 4x4 campers for his family....

Each one was the ultimate answer to their camping needs ....

At the second camp fire we would start talking of his next build ...

YES, he truly enjoyed camping..... but building these were even more fun for him.

Wayne I look forward to your next build thread.

And I am sure somebody will just love to own and ride this beaut to the max ... :)

Edited by ChrisF

dream build but not my dream bike it seems

Is it not too soon to tell - maybe some more time on your track, the Garden Route trails, etc and you might change your mind?

Some days I ride my road bike and think 'this is all I need', and then I go out on my MTB and think 'wow, how I have missed this'

Is it not too soon to tell - maybe some more time on your track, the Garden Route trails, etc and you might change your mind?

Some days I ride my road bike and think 'this is all I need', and then I go out on my MTB and think 'wow, how I have missed this'

I agree, You only just got the track? Give her another chance!

• 2 months later...

Looks like Jewbecca was right on the Trickstuff Piccola brakes.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/interview-trickstuff-announces-3-month-pause-following-huge-growth.html

Gives more time to save up!

but then there's still the waiting list once you are allowed to order, 9 months last time - Over the last few years it has worked out that my 3 sets ended up free as everytime I have ordered I have ordered one or 2 extra sets.  By the time they arrived, the price and demand had gone up so much I was able to sell at a decent mark up. If I could have bought more I would have.  Even tried to convince them to allow me to be an agent they basically didn't need.

Here's a nice set on the more suitable mountain bike I still don't ride on the track I built that I don't use

No matter the cost, these brakes are worth it

post-81229-0-98510700-1607408197_thumb.jpg

dream build but not my dream bike it seems

soooo. did you sell the 'dale?

if so, who to, and what is he doing with it?

I have invested time and emotion in this thread, i need to know!

Edited by Shebeen