Impey to ISN

JJ

:blink: Talking of loyalty. Like you've never changed jobs. What a weird thing to say.

touche 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bianchi for 2021 as the rumours go in street here.

Are they on Factors at the moment? How does that work in the world of the pros, do makers pay teams to ride or is it more of a contra deal. I remember Spez having to do some stuff to keep Sagan on them when he was moving about teams. 

Are they on Factors at the moment? How does that work in the world of the pros, do makers pay teams to ride or is it more of a contra deal. I remember Spez having to do some stuff to keep Sagan on them when he was moving about teams. 

Yes they are, some do give money and bikes and some just bikes but typically Pro Tour you get both.

Listening to a recent Leucher Technic vlog on the new 2021 bikees. He was asked to repair a team bike that had been damaged in transit a few years ago before the tour down under. He quoted AuSD 450 and the team told no worries we can get a new frame from the factory for less than the repair cost.

frame retailed for AuSD 5500...

receiving bikes is a small financial outlay it seems

NC , just because I like loyalty ..... However I also understand that if you want loyalty... get a dog .

Hope this pans out as he expects or better .

For perspective from some of the guys that ride with Impey, have a listen to this Podcast - The Social Distance done by Dan Jones, Sam Bewley & George Bennett

Impey's move is discussed from about 22:30mins in:

https://youtu.be/ppvTXzyPmlc

Speaking of podcasts, Watts Occurring (GT and Luke Rowe) speak to Andrew McQuaid - yes, he's Pat's laaitie, and their agent. They talk about rider salaries, from a neo-pro earning the minimum wage up to a grand tour contender, and of course the exceptions (Sagan was mentioned).

One of the comments was getting a good-ish rider onto a team that make him better. So sign him at 500k with the long term prospect that he'll come good (and earn more progressively). Compared to the rider that gets placed in a team as the top-dawg, for 700k and then only earns that for a couple seasons (without performing well).

Interesting to hear the salaries mentioned, compared to some rugby players that McQuaid also represents. Interesting chat they had.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/episode-33-andrew-mcquaid/id1472946465?i=1000487315066

Start from 8:15 if you don' want to listen to the early preamble.

Bianchi for 2021 as the rumours go in street here.

Lots of bike movement expected for 2021.

A Cyclingnews article mentioned the following:

Jumbo Visma on Cervelo.

Sunweb on Argon 18.

Ag2r on BMC.

With Bianchi winning two iconic Italian races staying in the Pro Tour would be priority.

He quoted AuSD 450 and the team told no worries we can get a new frame from the factory for less than the repair cost.

I suspect this is true for all / most carbon frames that are mass produced in the East. Even less for frames done in large batches.

We work for money! Sad fact. 

What else would you like to work for?

He is not the kind of guy you want to ask that question  :ph34r:  :clap:

Lots of bike movement expected for 2021.

A Cyclingnews article mentioned the following:

Jumbo Visma on Cervelo.

Sunweb on Argon 18.

Ag2r on BMC.

With Bianchi winning two iconic Italian races staying in the Pro Tour would be priority.

Bianchi was mentioned to be looking at Movistar, as Canyon is dropping them.

I have a suspicion that NTT will be on Giant.

SCOTT also seems to be moving

Edited by JA-Q001

Listening to a recent Leucher Technic vlog on the new 2021 bikees. He was asked to repair a team bike that had been damaged in transit a few years ago before the tour down under. He quoted AuSD 450 and the team told no worries we can get a new frame from the factory for less than the repair cost.

sorry for going off topic, but this kinda stuff makes my blood boil.

sorry for going off topic, but this kinda stuff makes my blood boil.

The actual manufacturing cost of an item is but a fraction of the Retail price. Makes sense for a factory sponsored team to have an option of "at-cost" price.

Case-in-point:

A well known Access Automation Company 4 button remote is sold in builders warehouse for about R370. Taking man-hours, electricity, raw material and everything into account including packaging: the manufacturing cost comes to less than R30 a unit.

It is the way of mass-production and retail. You need allot of "fat" in the line to sustain every hand in between the factory and the customer.

Bianchi was mentioned to be looking at Movistar, as Canyon is dropping them.

I have a suspicion that NTT will be on Giant.

SCOTT also seems to be moving

The article I read mentioned Bianchi to Michelton and BMC willing to have two teams.

The BMC was suspect, due to financial problems last year.

Just love my cycling and the equipment.

Jumbo Visma to Cervelo ..........sigh. No team on Cervelo in recent years has had success on those bikes. Tommy D did like the TT bike though and cervelo seems to follow him.

Would love to see them stay on Bianchi,