Bike Addict

DR ◣◢

How was your experience?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Did Bike Addict provide you with good service?

• Yes
    • No
    • What service?

2 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Previously when I bought from them they were actually really good, responded and delivered the goods really quickly, this time has just been ridiculous, I dont think I will be supporting them again, not if this is the kind of service we can expect

Its the difference of having an item in stock, or advertising you have an item in stock (but dont) then have to scurry around suppliers to find one. And when suppliers are out of stock or had a price increase since your previous website update, the standard reply online is then that its either a new colour range or a higher price. 

Lekker ne' 

Vote with you pocket or get another bump on the headbutting wall session

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, 117 said:

Its the difference of having an item in stock, or advertising you have an item in stock (but dont) then have to scurry around suppliers to find one. And when suppliers are out of stock or had a price increase since your previous website update, the standard reply online is then that its either a new colour range or a higher price. 

Lekker ne' 

Vote with you pocket or get another bump on the headbutting wall session

I have no problem with them not having stock, on the initial quote, which came to me pretty quickly, they stated that they did not have 1 of the items in stock, and it would add 2-3days to the delivery time, that is perfectly fine in my opinion, it is when 2-3 days extra turns into 8-9 days that I get a but peeved, anyway, not much one can do now....

I phoned and spoke with Wayne now, hopefully he will sort out my order...

I also let him know that Charl is taking an unacceptable amount of time to reply to emails.

Edited by Graham S

If you must deal with them ask for Wayne. He is on the ball and seems to be the only person there that knows whats going on or are willing to help you. Leave the other guys alone. They don’t have a clue what’s going on

My last interaction was very disappointing. Every step of the process took several days. Then there was a warranty issue, more days per back and forth. 
I’m done.

17 minutes ago, Uphill battle said:

My last interaction was very disappointing. Every step of the process took several days. Then there was a warranty issue, more days per back and forth. 
I’m done.

Sounds like a real Uphill battle dealing with this shop ...

So the latest from Charl, after I had to phone them again, is that the parts were indeed shipped on Monday, but the courier company has been delayed because of load shedding 🙄 it should be with me tomorrow (Friday) but I wont be holding my breath on that promise

2 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

So the latest from Charl, after I had to phone them again, is that the parts were indeed shipped on Monday, but the courier company has been delayed because of load shedding 🙄 it should be with me tomorrow (Friday) but I wont be holding my breath on that promise

Good luck, lets hope so...

I'm still waiting on a reply from Wayne, will see what today holds.

59 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

courier company using electric vehicles ?

I've never used BikeAddict, and to be honest I didn't see what their USP was.

I still don't.

They are a bikestore in the cycling backwater of tiny Malmesbury that push online sales in a big way, but use a quote based system instead of like, click and pay.

It makes little sense to be 100km up the (since nicely refurbished) N7 where a large amount of actual suppliers are situated. The rent is probably cheap but the unnecessary logistics must increase complexity and cost to every order, so it's not surprising to see corners cut and people frustrated the whole way.

Maybe I am missing something, more than happy to see what they do differently in the swartland. they have been around a while now so clearly are doing something right.

They could always be a front for Bokomo who need to hide their weetbix profits somewhere so this is a convenient way to recycle some $$$ with shiny bike things. 

Edited by Shebeen

I have been waiting a week now for a quote so I can place an order... the wheels are coming off with Bike Addict it seems. Was good while it lasted.

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

courier company using electric vehicles ?

I would love to know

And the plot deepens, Charl told me yesterday that my stuff was sent out on Monday, he FINALLY sent me a waybill number so I can now actually track my stuff, the parcel only got to the courier yesterday 🤬🤬 lying douchebag, so he promised me that I would have my stuff tomorrow, but phoning the courier myself, they cant even promise I will have my stuff tomorrow....

Bike-addict will not see my money again, they were a lot cheaper than competitors, but dealing with the lack of communication, Charl's lying to me about when the parcel went out and when it will be delivered, nope, I will rather pay the extra and get decent service....

Edited by Chadvdw67

1 minute ago, Chadvdw67 said:

I would love to know

And the plot deepens, Charl told me yesterday that my stuff was sent out on Monday, he FINALLY sent me a waybill number so I can now actually track my stuff, the parcel only got to the courier yesterday 🤬🤬 lying douchebag, so he promised me that I would have my stuff tomorrow, but phoning the courier myself, they cant even promise I will have my stuff tomorrow....

Bike-addict will not see my money again, they were a lot cheaper than competitors, but dealing with the lack of communication, Charl's 

I just got a reply from Charl and Wayne.

Charl says what I want is out of stock and needs to be ordered from the suppier.

Wayne says the stuff I want is in stock but only in black for the pants, shirts are in stock in various colours.

Okay then...

Only reason I need to continue dealing with them is that I was giving R2000 in Bike addict vouchers as a birthday gift.

I asked for a refund of the vouchers but they said they are non-redeemable for cash.

Only have good things to say about the service from Warren (even though I was being a pain in the ass changing my mind)

I had their app on my phone for a while now toying with placing an order, but each time I read the feedback from people doing business with them about how bad it is, and I must honestly say I am not interested in dealing with these people's drama.

I'm sure they are not purposely acting in bad faith but I don't see the value proposition anymore.

I've uninstalled the app and will be shopping elsewhere.

Thanks for the honest feedback from people who have given them the benefit of the doubt. I hope you guys get sorted amicably.