Rapidé Tigre Hardtail Frame

MORNE

5 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

We have built a Tiger (see what I did there) but we have had to use some mock up parts on it and I haven't risked thrashing it really hard yet as if the temp parts break they could damage the frame - and it is soooo nice! We are pushing hard to get the correct parts delivered so we can thrash it properly.

May we see it?

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Super Sywurm said:

May we see it?

A few people who have popped into the shop have seen it but I want to wait until we are a bit further a long with the Ti  model before we show everybody as it's got a few new ideas on it that we may or may not use etc.

1 minute ago, Kiwi said:

A few people who have popped into the shop have seen it but I want to wait until we are a bit further a long with the Ti  model before we show everybody as it's got a few new ideas on it that we may or may not use etc.

Please don't  make to many changes to the geo.  

Also keep in mind, I might be interested in a XL frame.  A pink one.

27 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

We have built a Tiger (see what I did there) but we have had to use some mock up parts on it and I haven't risked thrashing it really hard yet as if the temp parts break they could damage the frame - and it is soooo nice! We are pushing hard to get the correct parts delivered so we can thrash it properly.

You can send the frame my way and I can fit the non-temp parts?

On 4/29/2022 at 5:38 PM, Kiwi said:

I can 100% do with a ti SS mtb.

must. Stay. Calm

D300C4B3-61DB-415E-A102-8DA03CA412C0.gif

Edited by MORNE

• 3 weeks later...

Need some help here. 

ETT on my HT and DS is around 705mm(incl. stem). Both large frames.

Large Tigre frame can get to 715mm with a 35mm stem. Medium would be around the 705mm mark with a 60mm stem.

Question : It is stated that the frame is designed to work best with a 35mm stem. Do I go Medium, with some flexibility when changing travel as an example. Or do I go Large, which is probably already to long for me ?

Secondly. I am on the heavier side, so climbing is already a bit of a challenge. Currently on around 70deg. HA. Would the 66/67 deg. not make climbing a lot harder ? 

22 minutes ago, Koos Likkewaan said:

Need some help here. 

Large Tigre frame can get to 715mm with a 35mm stem. Medium would be around the 705mm mark with a 60mm stem.

Question : It is stated that the frame is designed to work best with a 35mm stem. Do I go Medium, with some flexibility when changing travel as an example. Or do I go Large, which is probably already to long for me ?

Secondly. I am on the heavier side, so climbing is already a bit of a challenge. Currently on around 70deg. HA. Would the 66/67 deg. not make climbing a lot harder ? 

In my VERY humble opinion a 60mm stem is not a compromise.

I run a 50mm stem and 780mm flat bars on my ROS9 and I'm considering a 60mm. 

Riding a bike that is too long for you sucks. It seriously sucks. 

WRT the climbing, no. The geo will maybe change how it feels having the wheel a bit further out in front of you, but it will not change how you climb. You will probably find the longer bike is better and the seat tube angle is likely steeper on the Tigre.

ALSO..... 1cm is not a lot.

The bike will feel different in far bigger more noticeable ways

9 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

In my VERY humble opinion a 60mm stem is not a compromise.

I run a 50mm stem and 780mm flat bars on my ROS9 and I'm considering a 60mm. 

Riding a bike that is too long for you sucks. It seriously sucks. 

WRT the climbing, no. The geo will maybe change how it feels having the wheel a bit further out in front of you, but it will not change how you climb. You will probably find the longer bike is better and the seat tube angle is likely steeper on the Tigre.

ALSO..... 1cm is not a lot.

The bike will feel different in far bigger more noticeable ways

Thanks for the reply. I was sure you were suggesting the medium with a 60mm stem (which I am leaning towards), but then I read the highlighted part, and thought, how do I tell Jewbacca that I am confused now without looking very stupid.😀

2 minutes ago, Koos Likkewaan said:

Thanks for the reply. I was sure you were suggesting the medium with a 60mm stem (which I am leaning towards), but then I read the highlighted part, and thought, how do I tell Jewbacca that I am confused now without looking very stupid.😀

hahahaha I am definitely suggesting the Medium.

What I mean by 'longer bike' is the wheel base. With a slacker HA the wheelbase gets lengthened quite extensively. 

Just now, Jewbacca said:

hahahaha I am definitely suggesting the Medium.

What I mean by 'longer bike' is the wheel base. With a slacker HA the wheelbase gets lengthened quite extensively. 

Understood !😀

Officially the one-year anniversary of my Tigre. 

Ridden it as my main bike for an entire year now without getting bored - that's an achievement, as I tend to chop and change my bikes often. She's a real beauty, and I felt she deserved a bit of an upgrade, so I picked up a Rapide wheelset (complete with red hubs, of course) and a 12s setup. Currently on the lookout for a worthy new fork (looking for something a bit beefier than the 120mm MRP :P ) but here's what she looks like, as of tonight!

IMG_20220520_200532.jpg

Edited by Nic Brigando

8 minutes ago, Nic Brigando said:

Officially the one-year anniversary of my Tigre. 

Ridden it as my main bike for an entire year now without getting bored - that's an achievement, as I tend to chop and change my bikes often. She's a real beauty, and I felt she deserved a bit of an upgrade, so I picked up a Rapide wheelset (complete with red hubs, of course) and a 12s setup. Currently on the lookout for a worthy new fork (looking for something a bit beefier than the 120mm MRP :P ) but here's what she looks like, as of tonight!

IMG_20220520_200532.jpg

Since I got my Tigre, I have never considered  anything else, except the titanium model that is in the making.

On 5/17/2022 at 2:59 PM, Koos Likkewaan said:

Need some help here. 

I would go for the large frame and shorter stem.  I like how the shorter stem handles.  I'm  on an XL frame with a 35mm stem.

BUT is you are sure the large frame will be to big, go for the medium. OR get some bars with a back sweep on the large.

Edited by Super Sywurm
But please don't listen to me, I'm no geometry expert.

The Front Wheel is too Far from the Pedals. This is the Spez Fuse.

96022-30_FUSE-EXPERT-29-BLK-BLK_HERO.jpg

IMG_20220520_200532.jpg.f1efa09608de02e700f0126bcdc0d6f3.jpg

Edited by dasilvarsa