Rapidé Tigre Hardtail Frame

MORNE

14 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I will just say that I took my Stumpy EVO to plaisir today. That Spez pedals beautifully uphill and it just ate those jumps on the flow line for breakfast. 

Take that all you Spez haters 😘

Is that of topic enough ? 😂😂

😂

*off 

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Can we all just go ride already? 

NO! Not unless the bike is a Merida, or at the very least manufactured by Merida, and make sure you dont have those grippy DHF/DHR/Dissector/Assegai tyres, they make the bike so heavy and they handle TERRIBLY, make sure you are on Ikons, they are the BEST tyres EVER produced.....

Edited by Chadvdw67

On 11/23/2023 at 6:48 PM, dasilvarsa said:

Manufactured but not Designed.

Specialized Sells the Best, Most wanted Bikes across the Range. 

Een man se lelik is ‘n ander man se vrou.

On 11/25/2023 at 5:15 PM, Robbie Stewart said:

I will just say that I took my Stumpy EVO to plaisir today. 

About time! Enjoy it!

9 hours ago, Stretched@Birth said:

BF8526C1-CC38-41D1-9575-3F2D5593EFE8.jpeg.32cd246dc33ec03850b4ad2605e816ff.jpeg

Knowing how tall you are, what is the wheel base dimensions on your bike? Looks like a super relaxed head tube angle

Edited by Frosty

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Knowing how tall you are, what is the wheel base dimensions on your bike? Looks like a super relaxed head angle

Do not mention the 'head angle' 🥷

😜

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Knowing how tall you are, what is the wheel base dimensions on your bike? Looks like a super relaxed head tube angle

To be honest, I don't know.  It had a 140mm fork on it, that raked it out quite far, was nice and long and stable, but also meant that you needed to put in effort to lift the front up to get over obstacles.

I write in past tense, as the bike was stolen, just put the photo up to try and get the thread back on track....  🤪

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

140mm fork - 65,2°

120mm fork - 66,1°

100mm fork - 67°

Rigid fork - 68°

Edited by Chadvdw67

Mine with a 120mm fork is standing next to my 2017 RM Element, HTA can be varied between 69 & 70 deg.  I got mine in the mid setting ~69.5 deg at the moment.

Side by side the Rapide is visibly much slacker ...

1 hour ago, TheoG said:

Mine with a 120mm fork is standing next to my 2017 RM Element, HTA can be varied between 69 & 70 deg.  I got mine in the mid setting ~69.5 deg at the moment.

Side by side the Rapide is visibly much slacker ...

Just bear in mind that a hard tail will steepen up into the sag and a dual suss stays much the same in the sag as it doesn't swivel off the static back wheel.

So hardtail frames generally have a bigger difference between 'static' and 'effective' HTA

On 11/23/2023 at 6:49 PM, dasilvarsa said:

I know that "You're the Man" and nobody else Knows nuffin about bikes. In the World.

After All you're the Only one who Rode the Argus on a Kids BMX. In the world.

Not sure what you on about. He gave a well thought out response based on experience (which did not align with your thinking) and then you played the man?! 

7 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Just bear in mind that a hard tail will steepen up into the sag and a dual suss stays much the same in the sag as it doesn't swivel off the static back wheel.

So hardtail frames generally have a bigger difference between 'static' and 'effective' HTA

Same for the seat tube angle.

6 hours ago, peetwindhoek said:

Not sure what you on about. He gave a well thought out response based on experience (which did not align with your thinking) and then you played the man?! 

Adding to the stigma associated with that brand of bicycle (That is actually manufactured by another brand of bicycle).