99er Cycle Tour

bleedToWin

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

It also probably brings a lot less people, so less processing, who knows…

The Winelands event was only 2 weeks ago, and yet its results were used for 99er seeding.  This was my first ever road event with a Racetech chip (other than a slow CTCT last year), so it was most certainly used for my 99er seeding.

Possibly the logistics of continually receeding the CTCT number of riders ?

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, waveduke said:

Just checked the small print:

"The short period between the Gryphon 99er and the CTCT 2023 has created some unsolvable logistical challenges. One of these is that 99er participants’ times will not automatically be used for seeding purposes for the 2023 CTCT. The organisers of the CTCT have, however, indicated that CTCT entrants who have participated in the Gryphon 99er Cycle Tour, may submit a re-seeding request if they believe their Gryphon 99er result will improve their starting time for the 2023 CTCT.  The results of the 2023 Gryphon 99er Cycle Tour will automatically be taken into account for seeding purposes in the 2024 CTCT."

They say this every year. Its mainly because they’ve already printed the numbers for the goodie bags.

But ya, if you want a better seeding just submit a reseeding request and they normally just switch it out for you.

5 hours ago, babse said:

giving it a miss.... much prefer the previous route.

see you at the Tour de PPa

They’ve just released a presser now saying they’ve taken Vissershok out of the race.

9 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

They say this every year. Its mainly because they’ve already printed the numbers for the goodie bags.

But ya, if you want a better seeding just submit a reseeding request and they normally just switch it out for you.

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

The Winelands event was only 2 weeks ago, and yet its results were used for 99er seeding.  This was my first ever road event with a Racetech chip (other than a slow CTCT last year), so it was most certainly used for my 99er seeding.

CTCT seedings usually are released in the week after the 99er - which is why the 99er is not an official seeding race for the same year's CTCT (I think its a pretty raw deal for the 99er organisers)

However how the Tour de PPA can then be an official seeding race for this year's CTCT when the 99er isn't and it happens after seedings are released is a complete mystery to me

29 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

They’ve just released a presser now saying they’ve taken Vissershok out of the race.

Presser from 2020 ? 

Oh you referring to TdPPa... Bummer 

🙊

Edited by babse

4 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Mine wasn't, its not even listed under seeding events. They are still using 99er from last year with the penalty applied. 
EGranted, I literally ‘placed’ last year in the half distance lol. Think I got 4th in my age group or something

Edited by MORNE

33 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Mine wasn't, its not even listed under seeding events. They are still using 99er from last year with the penalty applied. 
EGranted, I literally ‘placed’ last year in the half distance lol. Think I got 4th in my age group or something

Nou maak dit nog minder sin 🙈 🤣

4 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

no ******* way.... I asked them to confirm a week ago..

10 hours ago, Jbr said:

How is this a surprise though? They didnt use it last year due to the condition of it…a year later it looks even worse. Soon it will be a dirt road, ateast then it can be part of the Epic or some gravel race😅

13 hours ago, Jbr said:

Apparently, the road is being fixed but not in time for the race. Hopefully next year its back to normal with the 99er again.

5 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Apparently, the road is being fixed but not in time for the race. Hopefully next year its back to normal with the 99er again.

Us fatties hope that Vissers will never return 😂 and that goes for 99er and Tour de PPA