99er Cycle Tour

bleedToWin

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I see they’ve now said no formal parking at the race course, we must just find parking in the suburbs. I foresee lots of lost southern suburbs people 😂

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Thread revival ....

Any idea of the number of start groups, seeding, starting times, etc ?  I got my email with my starting time, just wondering where it fits in the bigger scheme of things ....

@MORNE  sien ek daar ?

Any other Hubbers ?

Im 6:30 or something i think. Ek sal jou vang weer😅

10 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Im 6:30 or something i think. Ek sal jou vang weer😅

Jy weer op jou gravel bike ?

6 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Jy weer op jou gravel bike ?

Ek besluit nog….

might go full ret@rd and use the vintage roadie with man gearing. It comes from a time when racing was dangerous and sex safe….

1 hour ago, MongooseMan said:

Dare we hope for a tailwind to finish? 🤞

0F9A88C1-DF8E-4666-9DA4-6E4AFABBEA89.png

The slow riders are going to have a HOT return ride .....  

My worst heat stroke on a bike was a fast ride with a strong wind from behind, in 30+ temperatures .....

Even just a bit from the side will help, so let's hope that graph stays true.

17 hours ago, MongooseMan said:

Also, I see they’ve now said no formal parking at the race course, we must just find parking in the suburbs. I foresee lots of lost southern suburbs people 😂

Wonder what is the story there? What is the point of hosting the race at a venue like the racecourse if you can't use the parking?

Quite common to have numerous break-ins in cars on events like this one and the Durbie Dash, including unlocked bike racks.. So be aware... 

18 hours ago, MongooseMan said:

Wait, dont all Southern Suburb people Park in the safety and familiarity of the Virgin Active, then ride through and afterwards pop in Bootlegger?

Just checked the small print:

"The short period between the Gryphon 99er and the CTCT 2023 has created some unsolvable logistical challenges. One of these is that 99er participants’ times will not automatically be used for seeding purposes for the 2023 CTCT. The organisers of the CTCT have, however, indicated that CTCT entrants who have participated in the Gryphon 99er Cycle Tour, may submit a re-seeding request if they believe their Gryphon 99er result will improve their starting time for the 2023 CTCT.  The results of the 2023 Gryphon 99er Cycle Tour will automatically be taken into account for seeding purposes in the 2024 CTCT."

11 minutes ago, waveduke said:

Just checked the small print:

"The short period between the Gryphon 99er and the CTCT 2023 has created some unsolvable logistical challenges. One of these is that 99er participants’ times will not automatically be used for seeding purposes for the 2023 CTCT. The organisers of the CTCT have, however, indicated that CTCT entrants who have participated in the Gryphon 99er Cycle Tour, may submit a re-seeding request if they believe their Gryphon 99er result will improve their starting time for the 2023 CTCT.  The results of the 2023 Gryphon 99er Cycle Tour will automatically be taken into account for seeding purposes in the 2024 CTCT."

But tour de PPA the week after is still a seeding event ?

1 minute ago, RRIBike said:

i also noticed that, probably another marketing gimmick 

It also probably brings a lot less people, so less processing, who knows…